Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers >

Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Old 11-15-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Terrible news, some poachers stabbed a local landowner after he confonted them when poaching deer. This is a small rural town, and when something like this happens, it's really hard to beleive. There is just a really bad feeling around town right now. This could have easily been myself, or anyone of us.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/13166167.htm

Posted on Mon, Nov. 14, 2005

Poachers sought in stabbing of Clay County man
Associated Press

[/align]
CLAY CENTER, Kan. - Authorities were searching Monday for three men who may have been involved in the stabbing of a 66-year-old rural Clay County man after he reportedly confronted them about poaching a deer on his land.
Marvin Macy was in serious condition Monday at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita with knife wounds to his abdomen and face.

Macy was attacked Sunday by two men after he caught them with a deer killed on his property and confronted them, Clay County Sheriff Chuck Dunn said. Other witnesses saw a third suspect in the truck.

Dunn said his department was looking for three men seen in a red Ford pickup truck with a plastic dog box in the bed of the truck. The truck was identified by Macy and seen by witnesses in the area before the stabbing, he said.

After the suspects fled, Macy walked with bleeding wounds about one-quarter mile to a truck he had stored with farm machinery and drove to his home near the Athelstane township, he said. Macy was airlifted from his home to Wichita for surgery.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 AM

Default RE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Hey kshunter,

Heard about that on the news last night. Thank goodness he is going to be OK. Makes you think twice about confronting them doesn't it!!!

On a lighter note. You seeing much chasing around you? Things are going crazy around here(Eureka). Buddy shot a 150 inch the other night
Old 11-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it does make a person think twice about confonting poachers.

I think most of the peak rut is over here. But i'm looking outside right now, and can't see very far because of the 40mph winds and heavy snow. The blizzard-looking conditions should get them up and moving.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM
bigcountry

There are plenty of fools in jails right now, who did something nuts for something little.Like eluding police all across the county for expired drivers licence.And now looking back, they will say, I don't know why I did it, or was scared.

I know I am extremely confrontational. So after the Vai thing, I keep telling myself, "there is a chance that two guys with guns can get out of control" before I do approach trespassers.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

You have to be prity dumb to walk up on 3 guys with guns,that you know have broken the law allready. Hole lot smarter to take a few pics and get all the imfo you can about them then to walk up on them. And next the man is 66 years old he should have been way smarter than that.

Where the guys poaching or where they tresspassing. There is a difrance poaching is with out a tag. Tresspassing is killing a deer where he should not have killed it.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:57 AM

that is terrible but I give the old man credit..
Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

It always amazes me what people will do for a deer. The sad thing about trespassers and poachers are if you don't stay strong with kicking people off your land it only gets worse! People have no respect these days!![:@]
Old 11-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if they were poaching or tresspassing, butthe article uses the word poach, and so does a different article released with the Wildlife and Parks, in the local paper. Either way, I hope these guys get the max sentence available when caught. Being that they are probably out-of-staters, I'm sure they fled back to their homestate, after the incident. But after checking local hotels/motels, they should be able to track these guys down.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

A defenseless old man. What a bunch of cowards. I wish the story ended with that poor old man packing a 12ga with 00 buckshot. He was obviously unarmed and i hope these people are caught and get attempted murder
Old 11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

A defenseless old man. What a bunch of cowards. I wish the story ended with that poor old man packing a 12ga with 00 buckshot. He was obviously unarmed and i hope these people are caught and get attempted murder
I bet he will be carrying a 12 ga with 00 Buckshot next time.

That is bad.
What is this world coming to.

Quick Reply: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.