HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Do coffee drinkers urinate from your stand???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/121889-do-coffee-drinkers-urinate-your-stand.html)

lswoody 11-20-2005 05:01 PM

Do coffee drinkers urinate from your stand????

I don't drink coffee on a regular basis but when it starts getting chilli, I'll drink a cup or 2 sometimes at night after supper. When I go to urinate for the nxt. 24 hrs. or so, it smells like coffee. I don't think that it bothers the deer when they smell human urine, (depending on what the person has been eating or drinking). But, I would think that my coffee smelling urine would scare the tail off a deer. I know coffee is not a natural smell for deer, at least not in my area. So what do you guys do? Letit fly or use a bottle? Thanks, Scott Woody

Little Yellowjacket 11-20-2005 05:24 PM

RE: Do coffee drinkers urinate from your stand????

Bring a bottle, that's what I do whether I drink coffee or not. If you don't have a bottle, let it fly....never seen any negative effects on deer traffic.

bdu33 11-20-2005 05:34 PM

I dont know as I'm the only one who hunts from my stand;)
Thats cool if it smells like coffee, but if it looks like coffee I'd suggest
you cut back....or bring some creamer with ya;) I let it fly.

Firehawk7309 11-20-2005 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Out for the kill

Bring a bottle, that's what I do whether I drink coffee or not. If you don't have a bottle, let it fly....never seen any negative effects on deer traffic.
I agree also. Done both and can't seem to tell the difference, unless you are letting it fly when they walk up.......caught with your "pants down":D!

JimboHunter1 11-20-2005 05:45 PM

When I get the urge, I hang it overboard and let it fly! Deer get spooked by human skin cells, not by human urine. In my opinion, deer don't react negatively to human urine.

AJ52 11-20-2005 09:23 PM

I used to get all Anal over takin a Wee Wee from stand and scarin all the deer for 50sq miles:(

I'm now 50 some yrs old,and ain't nobody gonna convince me I lost Bullwinkle cuz I pee peed outa my freeking stand. The good Lord did not create bottles to pee in!

Finch 11-20-2005 09:27 PM

I used to pee in bottles but now I let 'er fly. I drink alot of different things too.

trophytaker308 11-20-2005 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: bdu33

I dont know as I'm the only one who hunts from my stand;)
Thats cool if it smells like coffee, but if it looks like coffee I'd suggest
you cut back....or bring some creamer with ya;) I let it fly.
lol......

Rebel Hog 11-20-2005 10:12 PM

Pee when need be!

dkbs 11-21-2005 04:27 AM

Hello
Your correct that urine takes on differents odors depending on what you drink or eat.
I'm really into bowhunting and I always bottle it when doing such. I just have to believe with the noses on these whitetail that the smell of human urine has to at least put them more on edge.
This past saturday was opening day for the gun season. I'm 30 feet into the air with a climber.While gun hunting I whiz over the edge, I'm not as die-hard when it comes to gun hunting. Two hours after season opens I notice a big buck coming towards me. Hes downwind and walking toward my stand from which I urinated twenty minutes earlier. So I'm thinking the pee ain't bothering him. I plan to let him walk beneath my stand and past before the shot. He stops 15 yards short of my stand and becomes concerned. He's not crossed my entry path. Its either the urine, which he should've been smelling all this time or his sixth sense. Of course I didn't wait any longer to put the slug through his ticker.
Earlier in the year on an all day bow hunt from a climber, I had a big buck walk through an opening 23 yards downwind of me. It was over eight hours into the hunt andI'd used my pee bottle all day.This buck ended up with my tag around its antler. I can't be assured the ending scenario would've been the same had I whizzed over the edge during this hunt.
But all my life I've been peeing in the bottle while bowhunting. I've been really successful at bowhunting whitetails, so the yellow rain won't be coming from my stand unless I forget the darn bottle.

Happy Hunting
Dan