Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

son shoots one full of holes

Old 11-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: son shoots one full of holes

Congrat's to the little guy!
Old 11-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to your son!! Proud day to be a DAD!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:06 AM

Great job. I love to see kids taking up the sport. It can really turn into a family sport. My 13 yr old does not show much interest, he loves the wods, just not the hunt. Right now my 3 yr old loves to go and came up and asked us for a gun from santa, when we asked why, he said to be like mom and dad and papa and shoot deer...lol. I think he is a little too young...lol

Great job, tell him I said congrats and same goes to you dad.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

You need to nick name THAT young man The "Rifleman" ..he likes the throw led LOL ...GREAT job and tell him ole Doc says CONGRATS on a fine buck !

dd
Old 11-21-2005, 05:34 AM

congrats. to you both.glad to see you have a member of our sport to help you one day.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: muzzleblast525

Wish my kids wanted to hunt. Instead, they want to play computer games, or drink beer and chase women....
Hey muzzleblast, I had the same problem with my oldest son. He just lost intrest in hunting with me. I been taking him since he was 10 and now he is 14. He did not hunt at all last year and told me he would not go this year. This really bothered me. I asked for advice on how to get him interested again and nothing worked. Then i ran into my cousin who i had not seen in quite a few years and his son who was the same age as mine enjoyed hunting very much. I told him about how my son lost intrest in hunting and hehadan idea, Him and his son was going out scouting some land in the upcoming weekend and told me to come along and bring my son. The 2 boys hit it off immediatly.after about 2 days scouting with both our boys he was hooked again. All it took was to have someone his own age to share the experience with. We all been hunting together all year so far and now he looks forward to the next day we can get into the woods again. Which will be the week after thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:07 PM

thanks guys, josh has been following me in the woods since he was around three, the frist time i took him, he was afraid to tell me he had to pee,i had told him you have to be real quite and we couldn't talk alot,josh killed his first deer when he was eight, he's up around 20 now, and will be soon 13 years old, my youngest son zachis eight,hope to get his first deerthis year, he passed on a doe lastyear,he told his mom he wanted to wait, tildad returned home from iraq,he wanted me to be with him like big brother was.AND GUYS I HAVE TO BUY THREE OF EVERYTHING NOW.mom gets to use ours.we can't go to wal-mart with out going to the sporting goods section.the name of the river is choctawhatchee river, just below barbour and dale county line.near hwy 105 skipperville.thanks again.

heres lil bro. with big bro.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:19 PM

here's a pic of lil. bro.maybe it's clear