Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lure scents= BS

Old 11-18-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Lure scents= BS

this is a copy of a email I sent toa company they sell a estrus scent. email came back to me. ok Im a fool I tryed it! I also tryed another brandsame results!

I bougt some of your special golden estrus and I have to say BS! I work at a major resort lake here in Texas and it is loaded with semi tame
deer very used to people and today I was doing a service call for my job
and the rut is in full swing and there was 6 big bucks where I was less
than 20 yards and down wind from me laying down well I put out some of
your product and they did not get up or move! and this was after
watching for 20 min.! so I went to a park on the same resort and there
was does and bucks! same thing nothing! and these are deer that will
walk up to 5 feet of people! and your warranty is just as you planed not
worth the hassle of paing the return postage!

Don Collins
Old 11-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lure scents= BS

=
Old 11-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

THIS ISN'T THE FIRST POST I'VE SEEN WERE GOLDEN ESTRUS HAS GOTTEN A BAD RAP. never tried it myself and now i never will.

THE FOOT

Old 11-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

I've had similar results...nothing! I've talked to people who say that they've seen buck run right up to it and stand there sniffing a piece of cloth. I think a lot of the scents out there are a crock of chit.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 PM

Dang guys, I can't believe you don't use estrus? I don't go in the woods unless I have deer pee! I use the #1 estrus, I think it's all the same though. Some batches aren't as potent, might not have the correct pharmones(sex attractent). Just tonight I had a buck, four point walk up to me(10 feet), hunch over and pee or something, he was down-wind too. It took off when I moved to scope a different deer. I'm telling you it works! I allways have deer come up and smell my scent wicks, bucks and does. Maybeit's the combination of a grunt and estrus? Sometimes they don't walk up and sniff it but I think it relaxes them and just "gets them in your area". Although I use about ten scent wicks and keep them in a plastic baggy. They say the rut is actuallyonly about a two week period, it has slowed here in Va.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:56 PM

How would a person how put out sent know if the buck would have notcome down the trail without any sent? You don't! and sure if it is deer piss dont you think he would stop and smell it like dogs do?well duyou knowhe would! but I'm sure they are selling deer pee but what IM not sure of is the doe? (if it's all doe) in her estruscycle! I would bet they collect all pee doe and buck at all times not just in estrus! how else would they have the great quanity to stockjust the walmarts alone. Think about it thats a lot of does in estrus!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:01 PM

Well I don't use Golden Estrous either but my dad did for the first time and on the 2nd day of hunting here's what came in running with his nose in the air!

Old 11-18-2005, 08:01 PM

I see your point, good question too. I think they feed them enzymes that make them stay in heat longer. But you know deer are territorial around this time and any new deer pee in there area will stir their curiosity.

If it increases my chances of getting a buck like that I'll soak my clothes in it and crawl around the woods on all-fours!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:03 PM

Oh yea heres one more question. Lets say you had a pet doe and she was in heet and ready and you tied her up in the woods and watched from your stand what do you think would happen? du again! I would bet money you wold see a Buck almost every time! It's fresh and it's real! I meen just think about it.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:09 PM

Hey buckstopper I understand what your saying but you read how I tested it. what would be a better test? On the resort lake where I work I can take you up to five feet of a 10-12 point at any time I mean they are there by the hundreds and the bucks today would not even turn there head! ge that stuff stinks so bad even I can smell it ten feet away! remember those magic fishing lure comercials like the flying lure. what a joke! But a A+ To the makers of the comercials!

Quick Reply: Lure scents= BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.