Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Packing unscented clothes?

Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Packing unscented clothes?

After washing and air drying my hunting apparel outside, I want to pack it so it does not get human scent with my under clothes.

What would u guys suggest packing it in to keep it as scent free as possible? Garbage bag?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Packing unscented clothes?

I use a garbage bag. But my cousin has a scent elimaniting box thing that you just put your clothes in you should be able to find it at a sporting goods store. I dont know how much it costs though. So you'll have to check that your self
Old 11-18-2005, 06:42 PM

I use a scent elimanitin bags By H.S. and I like it
Old 11-18-2005, 07:28 PM

you could buy Earth Scent Wafersof HunterSpec at Walmart. 3 wafers in one box costs about 5 bucks. Just throw it in zip-lok bag for a day or two. You even could wear wafer with you when you go hunting, it covers pretty damn good. I just did today.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

i wash at lest oh ever 2 hunts or every time depending on how much i sweat. i then wash my hands in some of that no-scent soap and get all the oils of my hands. then i can touch my clothing and put them in a doubled garbage bag. i have a no-scent seal bag (like a giant sandwich bag really), but i don't see the point in spending the extra money. i don't have a problem with my routine. good luck this season.

THE FOOT
Old 11-18-2005, 07:51 PM

I put all my clothes in a tote that I have treated with Scent Away scent eliminating spray after washing them. Keep them sealed until I get to our hunting camper. I have had great luck with this and had several deer walk right up on me while hunting on the ground.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:28 PM

Well, today I packed all my clothes with some baking soda all up in there. We'll see how well it works in a few days uo in MI.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:52 AM

I use the XL ziplock bags. They are transparent so you can see what's inside each one.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Spike

I use a couple of big Rubbermade totes, that I have washed out with baking soda. I layer pine boughs in with my clothing, and once in awhile will toss in an earth scented dryer sheet.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: khuengo

you could buy Earth Scent Wafersof HunterSpec at Walmart. 3 wafers in one box costs about 5 bucks. Just throw it in zip-lok bag for a day or two. You even could wear wafer with you when you go hunting, it covers pretty damn good. I just did today.
I concur...

Quick Reply: Packing unscented clothes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.