Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Animal Rights Freaks Actually Help Hunters? >

Animal Rights Freaks Actually Help Hunters?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Animal Rights Freaks Actually Help Hunters?

Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Animal Rights Freaks Actually Help Hunters?

I've been thinking about these protesters that are trying to disrupt the PA and NJ bear hunts. How can they disrupt a bear hunt? Wouldn't they actually be pushing the bush? One of the challenges of hunting big game is when the deer or bear are not moving. Especially in bear season - there are not enough people out there to get the bears moving. With these protesters hiking around, it will get the game moving and increase hunter success. Do you guys agree?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:16 AM

Default RE: Animal Rights Freaks Actually Help Hunters?

After you shoot one, be sure to find the activists and thank them for helping you out. "Thank you for pushing that bear to me. Don't think I would of seen one if it wasn't for you folks. Thanks for protesting!!! Well, gotta go clean my bear now."
Old 11-17-2005, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: erope

After you shoot one, be sure to find the activists and thank them for helping you out. "Thank you for pushing that bear to me. Don't think I would of seen one if it wasn't for you folks. Thanks for protesting!!! Well, gotta go clean my bear now."

LOL!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:37 PM

I for one welcome any Animal Rights Freak (hereafter referred to as an ARF) who tries to disrupt my hunt here in New Jersey. My state has a specific law on the books which prohibits, among other things, any persons who:

"make or attempt to make loud noises or gestures, set out or attempt to set out animal baits, scents, or lures or human scent, use any other natural or artificial visual, aural, olfactory, or physical stimuli, or engage in or attempt to engage in any other similar action or activity, in order to disturb, alarm, drive, attract, or affect the behavior of wildlife or disturb, alarm, disrupt, or annoy a person lawfully taking wildlife;"

Please note the extremely low treshold. I merely have to be annoyed. In addition to criminal penalties, the law specifically provides for:

In addition to bringing a civil action for injunctive relief or any other relief provided by law, a person who is adversely affected by a violation of this act may bring a civil action for damages, including punitive damages and special damages, against the violator. Special damages may include, but need not be limited to, expenditures of the affected person for license and permit fees, travel expenses, guide fees and expenses, and the cost of special equipment and supplies, to the extent any such expenditures were rendered futile by the action or activities of the violator.

So anyone who bothers me or my game will wind up paying for my season. Sweet!