Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers >

Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Old 11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

The peopleat theWichita hospitalspent six hours sewing on him. They were very concerned about infections. They used the same knife they had just cut the buck's head off with.

Good news is that he's doing a little better.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate poachers.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

they should give those poachers orchiectomys then sow both their a#*holes together and drop them off by chopper in the middle of the amazon. hopefully macy has a complete recovery. this sh#t is scary, i live in a small town. i see guys wondering all over posted land and driving the back roads drinking and spotlightin. my buddy has a cabin way back in the woods and i've seen several scetchy trucks drive around back there at late hours at night during the season. wishes and prayers to macy tonight.

THE FOOT
Old 11-15-2005, 09:48 PM

Honestly, I'd love to see extra harsh sentences for any crime in relation to poaching like this. Hell, to be dead honest I'd be happy to see all three get life in prison no parole. Theres absolutely NO excuse for actions like that. It's downright amazing to me that some jackasses would even contemplate the actions these morons took, over a deer.

Now that I think on it, it really adds to my respect for Game Wardens who have to deal with this on a daily basis. There was a case in GA a few days back where a man hired a gunner to kill two game wardens. Luckily the hit man contacted authorities about it, and never went through, but it still amazes me.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to hear things like this. I hope the man will be alright. I can only pray that the persons responsible are caught and get the maximum punishment for this.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: ELKINMTCWB

You have to be prity dumb to walk up on 3 guys with guns,that you know have broken the law allready. Hole lot smarter to take a few pics and get all the imfo you can about them then to walk up on them. And next the man is 66 years old he should have been way smarter than that.

Where the guys poaching or where they tresspassing. There is a difrance poaching is with out a tag. Tresspassing is killing a deer where he should not have killed it.
Just think if this was your father. I doubt you would talk about him the way you talk about this man. I wish him a complete speedy recovery, and wish you would learn some compassion.[:@]
Old 11-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Clay County farmer who previously had complained to officials about poachers was stabbed late Sunday by deer poachers he confronted on a rural road.
The farmer, Marvin Macy, 67, rural Longford, was in serious condition Monday at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita.
No arrests had been made by late Monday, Clay County Sheriff Chuck Dunn said. Officials were looking for three men in a red, 1980s or early ’90s Ford pickup truck with a white dog box in the back. The pickup had a Kansas license tag.
The alleged poachers left behind a deer — illegally killed with a shotgun and its head severed.
Rob Ladner, regional supervisor for the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks, said Macy’s wife called the natural resource officer assigned to Clay County at about 6 p.m. Sunday, after her husband heard shots fired near their home. Macy went to investigate, planning to meet the state officer.
Dunn said Macy confronted two men on a rural road in the Longford area and saw a third man in the pickup truck. During that confrontation, Macy was stabbed in the abdomen and side and cut on the face.
One of the alleged poachers jumped in Macy’s car and the other got into the pickup truck. Both vehicles sped away.
Macy, bleeding from his wounds, walked about a quarter mile to an old farmstead where he had equipment stored. He drove a farm truck to his nearby home, then was flown from his house to the Wichita hospital.
Lost ’em in the dust
Ladner said the natural resource officer was headed to meet Macy at 6:18 p.m. when he saw Macy’s car headed away from his house, following a red pickup truck. The officer turned around and followed the car and truck, but he lost sight of them in the dust. He stopped about two miles from the stabbing site when he saw Macy’s car, abandoned in the road.
“Don’t ask me why they drove the car two miles away and then abandoned it,” Dunn said.
Dunn said officers talked to another farmer who saw the poachers within a couple of miles of the stabbing site earlier Sunday afternoon.
“He stopped to see what they were doing, and they said they were just riding around,” Dunn said.
Ladner said the poachers left behind a male deer with antlers that had an inside span of more than 17 inches — large enough to make the poaching a felony crime. Ladner didn’t know whether the buck had a large enough rack to be considered a trophy.
Late October through early December is the prime season for deer poaching because it’s rutting season, and deer are more vulnerable and because the deer haven’t yet shed their antlers, Ladner said.
“It used to be, 25 years ago, that the poachers were after the meat,” Ladner said. “Now, the antler market is a very lucrative business.”
He said a top-end rack could sell for as much as $20,000.
But, “that’s not your typical rack,” Ladner said. “That’s very top end.”
Do not approach them
Ladner said the department often gets calls from landowners about poachers. Department officials ask that witnesses get as much information as they can — a description of the people involved, a description of their vehicle and a tag number, if possible, and a description of what they’re doing.
“We have to know what the violation is — whether they’re shooting at night with a spotlight, or shooting out of season,” Ladner said.
It’s helpful to call 911 as quickly as possible, Ladner said, so a natural resource officer or sheriff’s deputy can catch the poachers.
But Ladner said citizens should never confront poachers. As demonstrated by Macy’s injuries, confronting poachers can be dangerous.
“These people already are committing illegal acts,” Ladner said. “If they’re willing to do those kinds of things openly, then they are probably the kind of people that I would consider dangerous.”

http://www.saljournal.com/content/2-0-/module/displaystory/story_id/6592/format/html/displaystory.html
Old 11-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

And all of this over an average sized buck. It just amazes me what some people are capable of actually doing. After reading the article, I would've done the same thing as the farmer. The only thing different would be to try to take pictures, and copy the license plate. Call the GW and then protecting my property, is what I would have done.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:33 PM

That's unbelievable. Only prayers from here.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:24 AM

My grandpa confronted some poaches....a week later he found calves missing and fences cut....

Quick Reply: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poachers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.