Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 any of you have problems with poachers? >

any of you have problems with poachers?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

any of you have problems with poachers?

Old 11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default any of you have problems with poachers?

friday night here in MO, the nite before the season opener, our party was shot at by poachers. We were in a cabin, and the poachers came down the road spotlighting. Shots were fired in our direction, so myself and a friend took off in our truck to confront them,they managed to illude us by driving down the ditch, we pursued and got there licence plate and discription of the vehicle with an atv in the back.We contacted the sheriff and nothing was done that night, they didn't even send out a squad. The next morning, another poacher shot from the road again. Almost from the same spot, and then tresspassed on the land next to where our party hunts, shots fired again, and these just missed one of our hunters and his wife in stand. Tom ran for his truck and was able to beat the poachers back to their truck. He pinned them in so they couldn't leave and called our local game warden. when he arrived, he issued several tickets and took the guns. A pair of kids from a neighboring town out road hunting. The game warden informed us that they had also located the truck from the night before and last night (sunday) he went down there and met with that counties game warden and the sheriff there and they ended up arresting him. they found out he only had one tag, and had 4 untagged deer in the garage, and several hydes in the freezer, all untagged. They ended up confiscating the truck, his atv that was in the back, 11 rifles and shotguns, several hand guns, the 4 deer, and the hydes in the freezer. Score 2 for the game wardens!!!! Does anyone have this kind of problems in their area? It's getting worse here by the year, and this is the second year in a row we have been shot at in the middle of the night by poachers!I'm getting really ticked off at poachers![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 11-14-2005, 05:58 PM

Default RE: any of you have problems with poachers?

Wow man that issome scary stuff. I have not heard of things like that around where I live(Newton,KS) but coming across a couple of deer with the best meat gonedoes happen.I am sure it happens more than we know,most of the time the carcasesgo unfound.Stay safe.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:11 PM

This past Wed. I was sitting in my bow stand when at 4:30 PM I heard one rifle shot from a nearby house, followed 15 minutes later by a 'WAHOO' . Can't be 100% sure thet were shooting at deer and not a coyote, but I got a real good idea, and we've had problems with them before.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

it's about the same way around here, every year, the nights of our gun season I will put a decoy out in the alfalfa fied in front of our house, it's on a corner, and every year some idiot will stop and shoot at it. a couple of years ago, people that live a mile away or so were cutting corn and shot a 23 inch wide 11 pointer off of it with a high powered rifle, they lost the gun combine and the deer, (finally , they do that kind of stuff all of the time but never get caught). Also there was this time in gun season I was at the house eating lunch when I saw a doe and a 170 inch giant running hard out across the field so I went out to see if I could catch up when a pickup truck went flying through the field right on their tail, hard to say how long they were chasing them. I HAAAATTTEEEE POACHERS!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like you did exactly what you should have done. The more times these slobs get caught the less they will be out illegally hunting. We havn't caught anyone in several years, but the game warden is immediately called (he is a friend and will come 24 hours a day).
Old 11-14-2005, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

.... Score 2 for the game wardens!!!! ...
And two assists for you guys Excellent work!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:53 AM

Im in MO too, and its terrible here too, for an entire week before our rifle opener, (all last week) I bowhunted every day morning and evening, and each time I sat a stand I heard rifle shots near daylight and near dark, some were multiple shots, and Im sure some were sighting in their guns, but about half were single shots, right at daylight and right at dark, and a couple of the closer shots were near the highway, its like that here all the time, no one seems to want to do it the right way, just their way. I also have heard of more deer not being tagged than Ive heard of being tagged, it sucks!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:55 AM

Same story in northeast MO. Nothing more frustrating than finding dead deer while you are quail hunting! Too many stupid people in this world!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:02 PM

poachers BAD[:@]

game wardens GOOD
Old 11-16-2005, 03:26 PM

there is some bad poachers here in florida

Quick Reply: any of you have problems with poachers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.