Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dang This Hot Weather!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Dang This Hot Weather!!!!!!

It's just too hot to hunt! Midday temps are reaching mid to upper 70's here in eastern, NC. I think we've only had a couple of morning with the temps in the low 30's. The last 3 times I've been hunting I haven't even seen a deer. I did have a doe blow at me on the way to my standSaturday morning but never saw her. On top of this, the rut is at it's peak and there's a full moon this week. I'm not going to ask "can things get any worse" because they usually will.

Anyone else having a tough season other than me?

Poor Poor Pitiful Me!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:13 PM

Default RE: Dang This Hot Weather!!!!!!

Oh, I almsot forgot! I shot a nice 8 pointer a couple of weeks ago in a large cotton field. Looked for 2 hours but couldn't find the deer. With the warm temps I was sure I would find the deer later by following the buzzards and the smell but no such luck.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:44 PM

Yea, I am also in eastern NC. The only time Ive been seeing deer is when Im fishing. Figures right? I just posted my story in this forum, "Sad Story" If you care to hear my story about defeat from this weekend.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 PM

Here in north Louisiana it's been mid 80's during the day and lows in the upper 50's to low 60's. It's perfect for hunting mosquitos but that's about it.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Spike

In Missouri its been around 45-70 opening weekend. Saturday it poured in most of Missouri and it was pretty windy Sat. and Sun.

My Dad and I saw 2 yearlings Sunday evening but decided they were too small to shoot. Now my Dad just called me and said he just got the
biggest buck hes ever seenWhy couldnt it come 1 dayearlier when I was there????