Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

a GIRL got her first one!

Old 11-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: a GIRL got her first one!

Congrats! Therews no turning back now!
Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: tray999

esvachick,

I hope you were east of the Dismal Swamp line in SuffolkCountyor hunting with a rifle would be illegal in the state of Virginia anywhere until November 19. That is the only part of the state that is legal this time of year with a rifle.

Sorry, had to put my law enforcement hat on.......
yes, i was well east of there
Old 11-16-2005, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: bdbwtie101

when i first met her she was really quite a tom boy and i loved that, know shes kinda gone girly on me which dont get me wrong, aint all that bad. She has shot skeet with me on occasion, but doenst like doing any of the dirty work. Since it is already deer season I'm thinking about setting up a double blind and telling her that she is coming with me! She's always complaining that she will get cold or cant sit still that long. Maybe that all has to be learned, i know that i dont have alot of patience when it comes to teaching people. but i would really love to get her involved in this with me. I have a question though, you shot your deer, the fun begins then so did you gut it or did robert have to do that for you. Jill(my girlfreind) stood there and watched as i gutted my deer and helped by holding a leg, but i think that is as involved as she will get,lol.
no, i didn't gut it. i was in charge of fixing dinner while they cleaned the deer. i can live with that! i can watch though, and help pull the skin off. i'm not too squeamish when it comes to stuff like that. i think if i HAD to gut it i could, but why should i if my honey does it for me?
Old 11-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

i think if i HAD to gut it i could, but why should i if my honey does it for me?
Ahh the girly side. <grin> Congrats on the deer

Try Cabelas for womens gear. I know they have some but if enough people ask they may add more
Old 11-16-2005, 09:50 AM

evasgirl, congrats on your 1st deer! Great post, btw, felt like I was right there with you. You'll never forget that 1st deer, and the rush is always there for each deer! Thanks for being another GIRL joining the hunting world...there should be more of us! Cabela's is a great place for women's gear...they don't have nearly as much as men, but it's better than nothing. I've also been able to buy hunting stuff in the kids' dept - but that would depend on your size...they go up to size 16 in most places in kids sizes. Good luck!
And don't feel bad about not gutting it yourself...I know how to yet I'll hand that task over to my hubby if he's there...yeah, yeah, we're allowed to be girly sometimes!
Old 11-17-2005, 04:21 PM

I am not going to force her to do something that she absolutlry does not want to do. If she goes once and cant stand it, so be it. But you cant say no to somthing that youv'e never tried. I never said that i would like to be with her but cant be if she wont hunt. I have been with her for 3 1/2 years, my realtionship with her definetly does not revolve around her going hunting. Yes I would love to be able to go hunting together, but if there is no way she wont, then that is fine with me, thousands off couples do manage this way. I'm jsut trying to get her to do it once and try it.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:31 PM

I am not going to force her to do something that she absolutlry does not want to do. If she goes once and cant stand it, so be it. But you cant say no to somthing that youv'e never tried. I never said that i would like to be with her but cant be if she wont hunt. I have been with her for 3 1/2 years, my realtionship with her definetly does not revolve around her going hunting. Yes I would love to be able to go hunting together, but if there is no way she wont, then that is fine with me, thousands off couples do manage this way. I'm jsut trying to get her to do it once and try it.
good to hear that your not going to force it on her! So what is your favorite thing about her? What is it that makes you want to be with her? not hunting i assume. thats a long time to be with one person! how the heck do you do it! I think that i'd go insane if i was with one person for that long! dont you get sick of her?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:49 PM

um...wow. what do i like most about her? i dont know what i like most about her,i like most everything about her. what makes me want to be with her? we have a lot in common and have a lot of fun together, latley alot of things have been changing between us so i really dont know. yes that is a long time to be with someone, and sometimes it feels like way to long. I find myself second quessing myself lately, maybe its just me i dunno, i got issues,lol
Old 11-17-2005, 08:51 PM

um...wow. what do i like most about her? i dont know what i like most about her,i like most everything about her. what makes me want to be with her? we have a lot in common and have a lot of fun together, latley alot of things have been changing between us so i really dont know. yes that is a long time to be with someone, and sometimes it feels like way to long. I find myself second quessing myself lately, maybe its just me i dunno, i got issues,lol
wow. you have a lucky girlfriend! all the guys i date say that they like me, or love me (yeah, right), then break up with me the next day. k, i dont get it. you like most everything about her but things have been changing so you really dont know? so what are you questioning? is there something wrong with her? is she depressed or have some psychological (sp?) sickness that you didnt tell me about? cause at the beginning of this you told me that you like most everything about her, so why are you second guessing yourself? men! they never make sense!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 PM

maybe you could say i have the luckest girlfreind in the world but maybe not. What i am second quessing is that lately she hasnt been giving it her all, shes always depressed no matter what i do and doesnt seem to care about me or my feelings that much lately. now we do more fighting then anything, maybe 3 1/2 years is long enough?? as far as guys are so confusing, it goes both ways. Strange this started about hunting and now....lol.

Quick Reply: a GIRL got her first one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.