HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   friend almost shot (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/120882-friend-almost-shot.html)

Rhody Hunter 11-13-2005 02:00 PM

friend almost shot

A friend of mine that I'm just getting into hunting almost got shot
.this weekend i couldn't go with him so told him he should just go
out to the stand we set up.Well some how he got lost trying to go to a different spot.He must have walked about a mile away onto state or private land I'm not sure.when he was coming out to a field someone
took a shot at him from about 150 yards away.Luckily they missed.
he saidhe started waving his orange hat and then the guy came out
all apologetic and told him the way out.He was shook up about it and just wanted to get the hell out of there,so he got out and went home.I would have asked him what part of the deer where you aiming at.[:@]Dam moron
shooting at sounds in the bushes,stupid

thndrchiken 11-13-2005 02:57 PM

RE: friend almost shot

Glad to hear your friend is ok, that is the reason I don't hunt in the PRNJ any more. When I'm using my binos to glass a field and see some moron glassing me with his scoped muzzle loader.

huntnma 11-13-2005 03:49 PM

i would of went off on that jerk.......glad your buddy is alright

JagMagMan 11-13-2005 06:09 PM

Glad to hear that the guy was a bad shot/hunter/sportsman, and that your friend came out OK!
While its not 100% fool proof, I won't hunt public land anymore! Too many morons out there! I'd probably give up hunting if I couldn't hunt on private property!

Paul L Mohr 11-13-2005 07:10 PM

Was he wearing hunter orange? I don't see how you accidently shoot at another hunter. I have never seen a deer with a orange vest or hat? Of course I have never seen walk upright with rifle either.;)

Hunting is dangerous now, especially in populated areas. I don't think you could pay me to hunt on public land in my area during gun season. Maybe bow season, but not gun.

Paul

bawanajim 11-13-2005 07:59 PM

If the nit wit does'nt know where he is,how does he know some one is shooting at him.Some people are safer in the city.

whitetailhunter4637 11-13-2005 08:04 PM

JagMagMan 11-13-2005 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim
If the nit wit does'nt know where he is,how does he know some one is shooting at him.Some people are safer in the city.
Normally, I'd have to agree with most of what you've said! Maybe, the guy accidently trespassed onto private property!
But even so, NO ONE should be shooting at movement! Shooting at movement, and glassing someone through a scope, are the two absolute dumbest things that any hunter could do!
That is an unpardenable shooting sin!

Virginiashadowhunter 11-13-2005 08:45 PM

My god, how can someone mistake a person for a deer? Even without blaze orange there should be no reason for someone to shoot at a person. I understand that we need to wear it because there are children hunting and beginners who get nervous and blast, but for a grown man to shoot at someone that far away sounds like someone was trying to intimidate your friend. I would have turned that person in, what if your friend was a child who got lost hunting for whatever reason?

Vashadowhunter

bawanajim 11-13-2005 09:13 PM

If you ever wonder where the anti hunters get there stuff its right here. Have any of you ever heard of trolls .

If people you know hunt like these idiots you need to turn them in.