Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 GOT MY BIGGEST BUCK THIS MORNING >

GOT MY BIGGEST BUCK THIS MORNING

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

GOT MY BIGGEST BUCK THIS MORNING

Old 11-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: GOT MY BIGGEST BUCK THIS MORNING

Story? WELL you better be glad I know how to write!! lol... here goes.

Well I didnt sleep much last night because visions of big bucks wouldnt stop bothering me. 5a.m. came and it was time to get up, so we all got ready and headed out. We got to the property and walked out an old road when suddenly the smell of marajuana filled the air strongly! about 25 feet later we ran into a guy who was sitting in the fork of a tree! lol... All I said was hi, since I didnt want to make him mad for interrupting something that might be "buzzing" around his head. Anyways about a mile later me and my brother were finally getting close to our stands. My brother got to his stand first, so I kept walking through some thick young pine trees. My flashlight caught the reflection of some eyes about 100 feet away, and I stopped and looked a little harder.. turned out to be a doe and a fawn bedded down in the pine trees. I had no choice but to keep walking towards them, and finally they spooked and ran off. Next thing i know Im standing 15 feet away from a different big doe and it just laid there looking at me. So I walked a little bit and it took off too. I finally made it to my stand, and it was still dark. I heard a deer snort at me and run off, there were deer running EVERYWHERE. Finally it quieted down, all except one lone deer behind my stand that was walking around really slow. It stayed around until daylight and I heard some deer in front of me, but it was still too dark to see through the pine trees where the deer was standing. The deer that was behind me appearantly got interested in those deer and ended up about 10 yards behind my stand, but I couldnt turn around to see what it was. Finally it walked off and about 10 minutes later..."BOOM!!!" That deer came running back and fell 50 yards from my stand. I got worried that I wasnt gonna get a deer walking by since someone shot so close to me. So for no reason at all I blew my deer call. Suddenly I heard something walking down the hill in frontof me. I had forgotten about the 2 deer I had heard earlier in front of my stand. I kept watching and finally saw one of them. It came from behind a tree and looked around and I saw that big rack on top of its head! Its body was still behind the tree and it started to walk away, perfectly in line with the tree between me and him. I blew the deer call again and it stopped and looked back, but started walking again, and suddenly it turned and went through a little clearing and I made a noise and it stopped, I had my crosshairs on its chest and when it looked at me, I pulled the trigger. The deer stiffened up and fell right down. I sat there for 15 minutes and realized that I had hit it in the spine. It was pulling itself around with its front legs and I felt sorry for it. So i got out of my stand and walked up to within 15 feet from it, and it was still perfectly alive, so I shot it again and the shot didnt even phase it. so I tried another shot in its neck and still nothing. I felt even more sorry for it so I aimed for its heart and pulled the trigger. FINALLY it died. I know ur supposed to wait, but I couldnt. I knew it wasnt gonna get up and I wanted it to die fast. When it died I looked around for the deer that the other person had shot and I found it only 40 yards from where mine lay. Believe it or not, my younger brother shot the other one. It was a really nice 8 pointer. I got what I always wanted today. I always wanted to get me a 10 pointer and today I did. and thats my story.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Good story.
Great deer!
Congratulations on your "fine" whitetail harvest!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Spike

Now that's a great story bristowboy! You did the right thing by getting down and dispatching him as humanley as possible.
The other part of the story I liked was coming up on the pot head! What the heck was the guy doing sitting in tree at 5AM smoking a joint? Anyway, I bet you really freaked him out when you showed up!
Great job on the deer! Congrats!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:26 PM

congrat, nice buck
Old 11-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

lol bassman... me and my brother laughed about him after we got about 200 yards past him We found out later that he had shot at an 8 pointer and missed,,, WONDER WHY?!?!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:18 PM

Congrats on the buck. You did the right thing by getting down and putting the buck out of his misery.

It also goes to show that drugs/alcohol dont mix with hunting. May injure something or someone.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:51 PM

Awesome buck! Congrats!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

good story and a buck to be proud of, congrats....
Old 11-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bucks!! Congrats!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:49 AM

Great buck.

Quick Reply: GOT MY BIGGEST BUCK THIS MORNING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.