Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How's everyone season going so far? >

How's everyone season going so far?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How's everyone season going so far?

Old 11-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How's everyone season going so far?

Didn't do any good bow hunting this year, but black powder week, I took a spike buck. Opening week of gun, took a big 10 pointer on second day that went 171 lbs. The pressure is off now so I can relax and start enjoying hunting. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been out once with my bow this year didnt see one. Youth gun season this weekend so going out for that too.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Muzzleloader started last Sat. in my area. I hunted from sunrise until about 1030 and didn't see anything, except a turkey hen. On Monday, I saw about 7 does, all of them jumped as I was moving about in the woods. On Tuesday, I jumped 2 more deer as I was moving about, I couldn't see what they were. Today I went out and didn't see one single live creature, as it was windy and wet. So my first 4 days of deer season are not going all that great. I guess it's the perils of hunting in the National Forest, as I don't have access to any prime hunting areas. Even though I enjoyed being outdoors, its getting to be a hard sell when the wife and kids ask me, "Where's the deer?".
Old 11-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

went out 20+ times during bow season. saw a lot of deer. 4 were in killin range. missed a doe at sunset (30+ yards shot), had a button buck walk under me (passed on him), passed on a 6 pointer cause i wanted an 8 i saw earlier that week (8 got waked 3 days after i saw him i found out) and finally had a doe creep up on me while sitting in an oak tree (spooked her with movement damn). but i had a lot of fun. come the 19th if it's brown.....well u know the rest brothers. good luck to all and be safe.

THE FOOT
Old 11-16-2005, 07:12 PM

saw alot of deer this year but it seems that i only get a glimps of them, or they are too far away. saw a nice little 6 pointer today but something had them spooked, him and some does ran across a field right in front of me about 100 yards and never slowed down if he had i would have dropped the hammer on him.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:45 PM

I shot a 140" 10 point that had split G2's on both sides (looked alot like a mule deer) and a friend of mine shot an 8 that had a 21" spread at the tips our stands were about 200 yards apart. Then on my dad's farm my dad shot a 13 point that went a little under 160" and my 2 brothers shot 2 that were right around 150" out of the same stand (it was just 1 day apart)
Old 11-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

We started with a "bang" on youth weekend 3 weeks ago with my youngest son, Jake, killing a really nice 8 point, and the following weekend, rifle season opener, he killed a doe. My brother also scored a doe on opening day. I started in October in Oklahoma during muzzleloader season with a doe and a respectable 13 point and have taken a doe and a 10 point so far on our place here in Texas. We still have 4 doe permits to fill on our Texas place, and I am heading back to Oklahoma on Thanksgiving day for a 4 day rifle hunt.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:18 PM

I filled my tag yesterday evening on opening day here in MI. Shot a nice 140 lb deer 7 point that should have been a 10, but one of the racks was broken from a fight I think.

Paul
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

So far all I've seen is a six point, a doe, a a buck that was somewhere betwen six and eight points( couldn't see brow tines and didn't have enough enough points with out them to be legal[:@]). I blame those numbers on the weather as it was warm, windy and rainy on opening weekend. But I get to hunt almost the entire last 4.5 days of the season with better weather, two tags to fill, and a monster twelve walking around that needs to be entered in the contest.Wish me luck.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well so far my season has sucked like an open chest wound ...but the season is still early here in Alabama and rifle season opens this weekend in Bama and Tennessee so I am hoping the worm is fixin to turn for the good guys !

dd

Quick Reply: How's everyone season going so far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.