Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kentucky Hunting

Old 11-11-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Kentucky Hunting

Well tomorrow is the first day of gun season in Kentucky...Anyone beside me heading out in the morning???
Old 11-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Kentucky Hunting

I took my Buck during ML but I went out rifle anyway... Really wasn't hunting... Maybe if a 'yote passed by I would have shot him, but just wanted to see what was on are farm and keep those pesky trespassers out. Anyway Saturday morning was the most activity I have ever seen. Nothing really spectacular, but a lot of 4-8 pointers running around. Saturday night I saw a couple of nice 8 pointers. Sunday I had about the same results even with the rain. I did see one really nice 8-pointer that might have been a shooter and a 10-point at the end of the day (but not a large 10-point). All in all a lot of movement. Although the bucks did stop and eat (I was in a clover/biologic field I planted). By the way I hunt south of Maysville KY. We had one guy take a small 8-pointer (broke our hunting rules) and another take anmedium 9-pointer.

Here is my pic of my ML deer from this year. So far the biggest this year to come off our property...

Old 11-14-2005, 09:39 PM

Default RE: Kentucky Hunting

i hunted twelve hours straight saturday awithout coming down from my tree, i saw thirteen does and a really nice 8 pointer, watched him for about 30 min. and just couldnt get a shot in the world, theres always next saturday though