Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Chia Vang!

Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Chia Vang!

ORIGINAL: Wolf651

I think he(chai) deserve what the court gave him for killing six hunters. BUt if I was in his shoe at the time i would of done the same thing. He(Chai) did say that the first guy/owner told him to leave the property and he(chai) did, even apoligize. But the owner didn't except that and had his(owner) friends/parties came and surrounded Chai and started saying racial slurs and all the other stuff you would say to a person when you are piss and after he(chai) walk off, Chai heard one shot behind him after that, hell broke lose. What would you do if you were in his shoe and bunch of minority surrounded you and started calling you racial slurs and shot once at you, you would be scared to death too and thought your life is at risk. Yes, he did trasspass onto private land,does that give you (the owner)the right to disrespect the man that tresspass. If you disrespect a man in the woods and start some kind of bulls with him you better be ready toback it up with you life espacailly in the woods.I believe there is a saying for that: if you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk. I own 200 acres of land in minnesota and seen tons of hunters tresspass every yearand I don't disrepect any of them. I just tell them that they are tresspassingon private landand they just head the other way they came. If you tell them (hunters) nicely that it's private land and is tresspassingthe hunterswounldn't be mad and take it personally. The way that the wisconsin hunters did or sayto Chai was not worth their life. I think this is an example for everybody to learn from, people should respect each other regardless of race. We as good citizen of the United States should get along with each other regardless of raceso our examples will teach our childrenfor the futures to come.

OK OK im going to stop you before you really piss me and the family members off of thoes who were murdered lastyear. I hunt with a friend who is a close friend of all thoes that were murdered. The ones murdered where very upstanding Christians who went to church every day of their lives and would never throw any racial slurs towards anyone no matter what race. Just because Vang said that racial slurs were said, donest mean they were. He was trying to get off for racialgender.But im not saying that words were not exchanged.I dont know because I wasnt there. But I do know this. If was tresspassing or caught sitting in someones stand and they said "hey you honky get out of that stand!!!" doesnt mean im going to start shooting. The party that was murdered lastyear had encounters with Vang in the previous year for tresspassing. Vang is also being investigated for a murder a few years back that happend in Lindsey Wi. Truck matches the description of the one seen the night before a hunter was shot 3-4 times in the back. He is also being investigated for another hunting murder I believeoccoured Indiana a few years ago as well. Hes a cold blood murder and has no remorce what so ever.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

ORIGINAL: Wolf651

I think he(chai) deserve what the court gave him for killing six hunters. BUt if I was in his shoe at the time i would of done the same thing. He(Chai) did say that the first guy/owner told him to leave the property and he(chai) did, even apoligize. But the owner didn't except that and had his(owner) friends/parties came and surrounded Chai and started saying racial slurs and all the other stuff you would say to a person when you are piss and after he(chai) walk off, Chai heard one shot behind him after that, hell broke lose. What would you do if you were in his shoe and bunch of minority surrounded you and started calling you racial slurs and shot once at you, you would be scared to death too and thought your life is at risk. Yes, he did trasspass onto private land,does that give you (the owner)the right to disrespect the man that tresspass. If you disrespect a man in the woods and start some kind of bulls with him you better be ready toback it up with you life espacailly in the woods.I believe there is a saying for that: if you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk. I own 200 acres of land in minnesota and seen tons of hunters tresspass every yearand I don't disrepect any of them. I just tell them that they are tresspassingon private landand they just head the other way they came. If you tell them (hunters) nicely that it's private land and is tresspassingthe hunterswounldn't be mad and take it personally. The way that the wisconsin hunters did or sayto Chai was not worth their life. I think this is an example for everybody to learn from, people should respect each other regardless of race. We as good citizen of the United States should get along with each other regardless of raceso our examples will teach our childrenfor the futures to come.

OK OK im going to stop you before you really piss me and the family members off of thoes who were murdered lastyear. I hunt with a friend who is a close friend of all thoes that were murdered. The ones murdered where very upstanding Christians who went to church every day of their lives and would never throw any racial slurs towards anyone no matter what race. Just because Vang said that racial slurs were said, donest mean they were. He was trying to get off for racialgender.But im not saying that words were not exchanged.I dont know because I wasnt there. But I do know this. If was tresspassing or caught sitting in someones stand and they said "hey you honky get out of that stand!!!" doesnt mean im going to start shooting. The party that was murdered lastyear had encounters with Vang in the previous year for tresspassing. Vang is also being investigated for a murder a few years back that happend in Lindsey Wi. Truck matches the description of the one seen the night before a hunter was shot 3-4 times in the back. He is also being investigated for another hunting murder I believeoccoured Indiana a few years ago as well. Hes a cold blood murder and has no remorce what so ever.
Oh come on, just because they're christians doesn't make them good people. There's lots of christians in prisons that are murderstoo, even the pastor's of some churches are child molestors.Just because the owner's of the property said they didn't say any racial slurs doesn't mean that they didn't.

Put it this way,pretend you were caught tresspassing and they(owners) confronted you and told you to leave and that wasn't enough and called their friends to come tell you again and surrounded you and block your way of leaving the property and then you walk off and heard one shot behind you. Wouldn't you think your life is at danger. Chai said that's what happen and also the survivors said it too except for the first shot at Vang. I don't know if they shot or not I wasn't there.Confrontingtresspasser the second time and have your friends surrounded him and block his way of leaving the property is asking for more trouble. That is why we have police officers, rangers and higher authorities to do the confronting.

If anybody is caught for murder in an area,any police department would ask question about previous murder (unsolve) cases that happen close there. Just because he murder some people doesn't mean he murder every body that was murder close to that area. This is where (sometimes) the authorities get it wrong and convict people that didn't do it And the real murder of the unsolve case get away.

It's funny how you say that I will piss you and the family member off. This is how easy things can get out of hands. Is because of people like you that get piss of so easily and then talk alot of B/S andmake a small problem turn intoa big problem.

We both don't agree on this subjectbecause we both don't know what really happen out there that day. Everybody will disagree on things if they don't really know what happen. I don't believe either side because I wasn't there. All I know is that someone tresspass and the owner told the tresspasser to leave and then told some of his friends to come confront him again and surrounded him , and hell broke lose. At the end 6 dead and 2 survivors. What really happen we don't know except for the people that was there. The bottom line is that the one that is responsible for this is caught and prosecuted.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:25 PM

Yea, my brother is a christian, but has very strong racist tendancies and a extremely low tolerance of anyone who doesn't agree with his religious or political beliefs.

NOT saying anything about the Vang thing or what the guys said or didn't say. Just saying I personally know racists and bigots who say they are christians.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:33 PM

im in minnesota and there were bumper stickers goin around sayin "shoot a hmung save a hunter"...dont agree 100% with that i think its a lil harsh groupin together all hmungs, but i am currently in college here in mn and its absolutely ridiculas on what these professors say bout this, sayin how they can understand why this guy killed 8 hunters and how they sypathise with him!!! the hmong community is very big here in mn and as of late are really startin to piss off alot of pple with this incident and backing him sayin that they cant read the signs that are being posted....LEARN THE DAMN LANGUAGE BEFORE U MOVE HERE
Old 11-14-2005, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: HUNTING_MN

im in minnesota and there were bumper stickers goin around sayin "shoot a hmung save a hunter"...dont agree 100% with that i think its a lil harsh groupin together all hmungs, but i am currently in college here in mn and its absolutely ridiculas on what these professors say bout this, sayin how they can understand why this guy killed 8 hunters and how they sypathise with him!!! the hmong community is very big here in mn and as of late are really startin to piss off alot of pple with this incident and backing him sayin that they cant read the signs that are being posted....LEARN THE DAMN LANGUAGE BEFORE U MOVE HERE
You're saying that "shoot a hmung save a hunter" is a LITTLE harsh??? I'd say its outrageous. I think anyone who stereotypes all people based on an incident like this is a bigot, and I would assume as such about the person who had this bumper sticker on his/her car.

I don't agree with what your professors are saying about murder being excused in this case - understanding I really don't know what they are actually saying, what context, etc. because I'm not there, but I'm accepting what you have said. Statements like that are also outrageous.

as for "LEARN THE DAMN LANGUAGE BEFORE U MOVE HERE". How many norwegian or german or italian (insert your personal background here) learned english before they moved here. How are they supposed to do it? My guess would be that you don't think the current immigration of non-Europeans is somehow inferior to the immigrations that brought most of our ancestors here.

Chai Vang was a cold blooded murderer, possibly crazy. There is no justification for what he did. It does not however mean all or even most Hmung are second class immigrants or second class citizens. The ones I've met are working damn hard to improve their lot over the horrible conditions they left in SE asia. They are here for the same reason my ansestors (norwegian) and my wifes (german, irish)came to this country.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HUNTING_MN

These bumper stickers are racist against a groupof people where only one person did the crime. Not knowing someone and a group of people and alreadyjudging them is also know as prejudice. Maybe that is what you are or both.

Before you start telling them to learn the language you should look back at history and see if your ancestors learn any indian langauge before they step foot here and took over.

Also you should learn how the hmong people got over here. Maybe I should tell a littlehistory of how they got over here. It's because the United States didn't mind thier own business and got involve in the vietnam war and recruited the HMONGS in LAOS to help the united states stop the North Veitnmese from entering South Veitnam.This waris called the secret war. THE HMONG rescue alot of our fellow soldier and defended alot of United states bases and enemy line in LAOS. After the United states loss the war to Vietnam and pulled out. The Veitnamesekilled every Laotian goverment personel including the Hmongs that was involve/allies with the UNited states in the secretwar. Then guess what happen, the United states also pulled out almost all the hmong and laotians they can. So is it their fault that they came over here not knowing the english language? Thought you college boys should know this already, if you don't, you should do more studying about your country before you start to saying stuff about other race.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wolf...buddy...not only do you need to educate yourself with actual police reports of Vang's initial statements , and court records ,instead of going by water cooler gossip , you're also in dire need of some history lessons.
The racism card wasn't played until after he had an attorney.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's funny how you say that I will piss you and the family member off. This is how easy things can get out of hands. Is because of people like you that get piss of so easily and then talk alot of B/S andmake a small problem turn intoa big problem.
He didn't say he was going to kill you and your unarmed buddies standing around you. Big difference. Anger is a emotion it's how you control it that matters.

The racism card wasn't played until after he had an attorney
If I remeber right Vang never mentioned any racial slurs in the initial report I read.
LEARN THE DAMN LANGUAGE BEFORE U MOVE HERE".
My father moved/escaped here from a dictatorship,didn't know the langauge before he got here. Neither did the Itialians,Germans, greeks etc, that immigrated here.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Let's not forget that Vang also made a threat against his wifes life,and police had been called to his house more then once.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:40 PM

That's close to home, and it hits home. With more and more people experiencing the joys of hunting, you let in the "bad" with the good. I'm glad he's going to rot.