Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Don't know what to do...

Old 11-08-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Don't know what to do...

This is kinda complicated but please bare with me.

I hang out at a deer processor durring hunting season and their are two deer skinners their. One of them hates me and I don't know why. The other one is a pretty nice guy and he shot a 16 point and asked me to mount it for him.

Well I left early on Thu night and came back friday evening and the deer skinner that doesn't like me wasn't their but the nice one was and so was his dad and mom ( hang out up their all the time). The dad made the comment that him and his son caught a bunch of flack from The deer skinner that doesn't like me becasue he brought me the 16 point. I was told by both of them that the deer skinner that doesn't like me was telling everyone that I was a novice taxidermist and that I didn't know what I was doing. I am absolutly positive he was saying other crap about me but I wasn't told this. I found out today that he was running his mouth other places and kinda turning potential customers away from wanting to try me. The funny thing is " HE HAS NEVER SEEN ANY OF MY WORK IN PERSON" . I have showed him a few pictures and thats it. He is the ONLY person I know that has said that they don't care for my work.

The deal is he has a taxidermist that does excellent work and has won some awards in the past. Some how the deer skinner is convinced that if you havn't won any awards or your not a GTA Member than you ain't sh**. So the deer skinner who doesn't like me is taking buisness away from me. I have never seen him do this but I have a very strong feeling it is going on. I think that when someone comes up to the processor asking me to mount their deer and I am not up their he is pushing them to his Taxidermist.[/align]
Old 11-08-2005, 08:51 PM

Default RE: Don't know what to do...

I wouldn't let him get your goat Michele. I'd just stay focused and one day
Old 11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

your work will speak for its self, and word will travel. dont let him get to you, just keep doing your best.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:47 AM

Do some work for other, let is carry through word of mouth than start your own business and run him out of town...lol

Old 11-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just recently took this years buck to a taxidermist that does not advertise at all, not even a sign at his house. I found out about him word of mouth. I saw his shop and can say nothing but wow! Impressive. I talked with him awhile and he mentioned that the "popular" taxidermist on the other side of town shut down this year, apparently because of the quality of his work. This "popular" guy did a deer mount/butchering of a deer last year for a buddy of mine. I feel sorry for my friend because the only "butchering" was the cape itself. Lesson here, a smart, informed customer will see this downgrading for what it is. Your customers will set the record straight for you about your work!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Michelles_Taxidermy

This is kinda complicated but please bare with me.

I hang out at a deer processor durring hunting season and their are two deer skinners their. One of them hates me and I don't know why. The other one is a pretty nice guy and he shot a 16 point and asked me to mount it for him.

Well I left early on Thu night and came back friday evening and the deer skinner that doesn't like me wasn't their but the nice one was and so was his dad and mom ( hang out up their all the time). The dad made the comment that him and his son caught a bunch of flack from The deer skinner that doesn't like me becasue he brought me the 16 point. I was told by both of them that the deer skinner that doesn't like me was telling everyone that I was a novice taxidermist and that I didn't know what I was doing. I am absolutly positive he was saying other crap about me but I wasn't told this. I found out today that he was running his mouth other places and kinda turning potential customers away from wanting to try me. The funny thing is " HE HAS NEVER SEEN ANY OF MY WORK IN PERSON" . I have showed him a few pictures and thats it. He is the ONLY person I know that has said that they don't care for my work.

The deal is he has a taxidermist that does excellent work and has won some awards in the past. Some how the deer skinner is convinced that if you havn't won any awards or your not a GTA Member than you ain't sh**. So the deer skinner who doesn't like me is taking buisness away from me. I have never seen him do this but I have a very strong feeling it is going on. I think that when someone comes up to the processor asking me to mount their deer and I am not up their he is pushing them to his Taxidermist.
[/align]

Why not post some of your work on here and maybe have a website built to your business with some of the work you do. Let the site do the talking for you and advertise the site in local and state papers. It takes money to make money. I wish you the best of luck with your business. I have always wanted to take up taxedirmy but not real sure about how to go about it to get started.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:38 AM

Wis_Bow_Huntr

I posted some pic's on here in the Taxidermy Forum. I also have a website:

www.michellestaxidermy.zoomshare.com
Old 11-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Heres an idea.

Take a bunch of pictures of your work and put them.
In as many local sporting goods stores you can.
With letters from your past custmers and what they think of your work.
If they were satisfied or not.

And let them make up there minds.

And check with a lawyer to find out what,
Legal options you have about this guy.
What he is doing is slander and is ilegal.

I hope this helps

Good Luck
Old 11-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well to tell you the truth..........very nice work.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Dominant Buck

You are interfearing with the kick-back he is getting from the other Taxidermist! Have you offered him a percentage of each customer he sends you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.