HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hank Jr's 28 point (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/120200-hank-jrs-28-point.html)

KIDD642 11-08-2005 11:54 AM

massive

like him or not. Look at the mass on that buck. It looks like a scaled down set of moose antlers.....[X(]:eek:[8D]:):D

ROBERTS021 11-08-2005 12:20 PM

RE: massive

He can skin a buck and run a trout line becousea country boy can survive.
I wish i was skining that one way to go hank.

Rebel Hog 11-08-2005 12:23 PM

RE: Hank Jr's 28 point

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

DoctorDeath, read it and weep!:D:D:D

Beautiful Buck!!!
YOU read and weep Reb ... I GOT ONE !!!! " Ohhhhhhhhhh theres a tear in your beer" ............ :D:D:D

DD

:DHA! Ok Bocephus Jr.! Your's looks like Fawn next to his!:D:D
I have to admit, I have never shot one as big as
yours or his! Congrat's to both of you!

DannyD 11-08-2005 12:40 PM

Doc,
That is just a cool looking deer you got there. The height is amazing. Bet he didnt fit under many a tree

Rebel Hog 11-08-2005 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Doc,
That is just a cool looking deer you got there. The height is amazing. Bet he didnt fit under many a tree

Hey Danny, that's about the size of Valrico deer, is'nt it?:D:D

DannyD 11-08-2005 01:14 PM

Reb,
Yeah. real close. Although when I actually did see a deer in FL ( I wasn't a hunter then) I thought it was a dog at first.

I'll be down there this weekend. Going to a wedding. Maybe I should bring the gun. (not to the wedding by the way)

mauser06 11-08-2005 01:47 PM

wow thats a BUCK!....i dont care what you guys say.....2 of my dreams that wil never happen would be to hunt with hank jr...and also ted nugent.....i think both hunts would be a blast....i think they both have similar views on somethings...but totally opposite views on other things........so i couldnt hunt with them both at the same time....

stubblejumper 11-08-2005 01:52 PM

I would enjoy hunting with Ted Nugent myself.

Allen Denton 11-08-2005 06:33 PM

I heard just the oppisite about Hank. My cousin just wrote the song "Why can't we all just get a long neck" for Hank's latest album and he said he was good to work with. He was also in the video and again said he was good to work with. I have been a fanfor a long time and I know he has done some dumb things but it sounds like he has it together these days. It is a very nice buck!!!

zekeskar 11-08-2005 06:41 PM

I have no affection for Hank Jr, his affectation or his music. Really doesn't do anything at all for me almost seems like a characture, a joke. He's nothing compared to the ground breaking his dad did.

I don't know about the deer. It's a wonderful deer. Is he a hunter or did he pay an outfitter, get put in a stand and just make a shot at a nice deer? Not judging, just asking because I'm not impressed with people who just make a shot.

Does he know about habits, habitat, sign, setting up, calling, scents, tracking, butchering, etc? Someone who prepares and actually hunts for a yearling doe is a good hunter with a better trophy than someone who pays a fee, is assigned a ready made place that's been scouted out for a trophy, and just makes the shot.