Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

C'mere Deer... my results???

Old 11-06-2005, 09:20 PM

Default C'mere Deer... my results???

Ok I just had to try this stuff. We have been selling this stuff at work by the truckloads and a few of my customers who I know to be good deermen have commented positively about it. I bought a new 1.5 gallon sprayer (to insure no chemical contamination, they are only $10ish at Tractor Supply if you are looking for one) and mixed in a bottle of the 12oz concentrate. I used well water from my brothers farm house so as not to have to wonder about municipal watersupply chemicals as well.

Yesterday morning I purposefully sprayed it in a section of my cloverfield that is a bottleneck so I knew deer would come in contact with it. I likewise applied it from my electric golf-cart to prevent possible scent contamination from my boots (even tho I wear LaCrosse rubber boots too and from the stands). Despite the rediculous winds and nearly 80 degree temps this weekend, a doe and fawn quickly found the area (about a 40' circle of application with appx 1/4 of the sprayer). The little fawn plowed along happily and momma would eat a few mouthfulls before jerking her head up in typical "high wind alertness" fashion. But I can't say that they stayed there any longer than they would've normally.

Yesterday afternoon I returned too the area and reapplied the solutionto an adjacent area of clover (again about 1/4 of the sprayer) and tookwatch. By dark, 15 deer hadfed in the applied area. 3 bucks (2 yearand halfers and one VERY nice 125" 3 year old 8pt)and the rest does and fawns. At one point appx 11 deer were standing/feeding in the applied area at once. Again none of them stayed in the area long (about 20 minutes all total) but remember it was very windy, warm and the deer were very jittery. 2 other hunters on our club saw much fewer deer. I know the deer couldnt've smelled the C'mere Deer and came too it from the woods as the wind was blowing straight down the plot (south too north) and the deer came from each side in the woods (east and west). I was on the far northend of the plot and was never seen or winded.

I can't comment about the good or negative of this product. The deer I was watching yesterday morning were from a bowstand only 15 yds away. The deer I watched feed on it yesterday afternoon were from 200yds in a groundblind. While watching the doe yesterday morning from practically straight down I could see she was really sniffing the stuff out and kind of inquisitive, but not alarmed at all. She DID eat the clover that was sprayed with the solution. Like I said the lil fawn was going at it like a fat lady at the buffet.

Well I won't make my decision on this one incidence. But at least I know it doesn't spook deer and they do in deed seem to feed well on it. But I don't see them ATTACKING or come running for it like the infomercial and Hank Parker seem to imply (I know, what do you expect? they are afterall selling something!).

Thursday I am leaving for Missouri for a week, I plan on taking a couple more bottles with me to try it up there. This will be in extreme south central MO where there are no crops, mostly mast and pasture growth so the results up there might be different. In times past they practically HAMMER anyother kind of food offerings not native too the area.

BTW, is this legally baiting? Some game wardens say, "If they eat it it is bait" but in a court of law what they ate was already there...
RA
Old 11-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: C'mere Deer... my results???

BTW, is this legally baiting?
That would depend on the wording in the law, what defines "Baiting". I would think if baiting is not allowed(legal) it includes use(or putting out)of mineral, additives, supplements, etcas well as foods. However I don't know for sure, soget your hands on the regs to determine what the definition of "baiting" is in the area of which your hunting just to be sure.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Typical Buck

You can use attractants in MO. Salt licks,minerals etc. are perfectly legal. The deer co-caine craze went through and it was legal...it just can't be food, i.e. apples, corn, etc.

Good luck....looks like it's gonna be warm opening week end.

GH
Old 11-07-2005, 05:03 AM

Here is Ga, you can use Attractants, just not real food. We put something out yesterday to try, it was called Buck Stop. YOu can use it as an attractant or cover up around your stand. I pu some out near my stand and across the woods. It has an apple scent. So heres hoping I see something next week.

Here is one thing. We had deer suckers out about a year ago. Those are illegal. I was not sure about salt blocks and all that here, I would have that those were illegal.HMMM
Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 AM

Unfortunately, I had zero results from C'mere deer this weekend. The only deer I saw was the doe that my father-in-law got. The 80 degree weather probably had something to do with it. I plan on trying it again in a couple of weeks. I'm going to the Caymans this weekend so everyone can feel sorry for me not being able to hunt.