HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   4 days of hunting so far (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/119653-4-days-hunting-so-far.html)

kim398pl 11-04-2005 05:34 AM

4 days of hunting so far

Well we have gone hunting four days now and I have not shot anything. Jeff seems to be able to see and shoot, but missed. He missed a moster on Mondy evening and then last night I heard him shoot three times. I thought what the heck. So I got down, got the spotligh (it was geting dark) and went to help him. He missed that one as well. He was so mad. But then again it is his problem. He does nto site in gun in each year. He has not sighted his gun in, in 8 years. Me and a buddy goes to our friends out and he will get mine close enoguh and then let me shoot and then we work on getting it right on.

Looks like I will get sighting his gun in today,when our buddy gets home. Although I think he shouhld do it.

Now here is a question. I just recently got glasses for far vision. Would it be best to sight my gun using my glasses, or am I fine with sighting a few weeks back without the glasses. Sometimes I may have the glasses on while hunting nad sometime I may not.

Kim

Georgetownboys 11-04-2005 06:34 AM

RE: 4 days of hunting so far

Take ol Jeff to the range. . . .he will thank you.

NEB.BuckHunter 11-04-2005 06:45 AM

Kim,

here's what I would do, if you plan on shooting with your glasses on, then sight your gun in with them on. If you're not, then I wouldn't wear them either time.

kim398pl 11-05-2005 05:49 AM

Yeah I do not think I will hunt with them on. MY scope is on and I shot it last ngiht at the shooting range, I shot a littel low, then a little high (Ihave a bad problem jerking the gun) so I am satisfied.

The funny thing is Jeff went with me to the shooting range... His sight was also on. SO he just plan out missed those 2 deer. He shot once at the first one and missed. The sencond one he shot 3 times missed all three times at about 25 yards away. He was so mad. I told him I was gonna cut his shirttail 4 times...lol

DoctorDeath 11-05-2005 06:45 AM

ORIGINAL: kim398pl

Looks like I will get sighting his gun in today,when our buddy gets home. Although I think he shouhld do it.

Now here is a question. I just recently got glasses for far vision. Would it be best to sight my gun using my glasses, or am I fine with sighting a few weeks back without the glasses. Sometimes I may have the glasses on while hunting nad sometime I may not.

Kim
WELL BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT YOUR BUDDY'S SHOOTING STEVIE WONDER COULD SIGHT THAT RIFLE IN AND HE COULD NOT DO ANY WORSE !

ROLL TIDE
DD

kim398pl 11-05-2005 06:50 AM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: kim398pl

Kim
WELL BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT YOUR BUDDY'S SHOOTING STEVIE WONDER COULD SIGHT THAT RIFLE IN AND HE COULD NOT DO ANY WORSE !

ROLL TIDE
DD

LOL... Now that was funny, I will have to remember that and tell him. He is already made cause his wife is a better shooter than him. I think I was nervous yesterday shooting cause we had both kids with us and I was worried about them. I sighted my gun in one time. Ok. THere was an old school bus on ou club. YOu know the reflectors on the top front of the bus. Dad was having me using that. After we sighted the gun in , I took a shot, Blew the reflector out, THE NEXT SHOT< I shot a little hole right in the middle, my dad could not believe it. I have also shot the hole in the first P on a Dr. Pepper bottle.

Needless to say, jeff is mad.