Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Problems with Wife!

Old 11-06-2005, 02:24 PM

Default RE: Problems with Wife!

give her a picture of you and tell her to hold it if she haves to see you that damn much...sounds like she isbored ,or insecured ,or dosnt have any friend or hobbies to do,which in other words you shouldnt eighter..so tell her to stand by her man,when it comes to what you love to do,or you can always hit the bars and see how it really could be worse,and then ask her which one is the more resonible thing to do,or which one she feels more comfortable with???
i think she could understand which one is the better one.....(dang-gone-it)...
Old 11-06-2005, 03:31 PM

After reading this thread it seems that many of us make ourselves out to be better sportsmen than we are husbands. Problems with the wife? She would say problems with the husband; it is really an issue with the marriage, like so many, that has to be worked out. My wife hates guns, won't eat venison and gets a little jibe in when I go hunting. Still, I go, we love each, other and life goes on. We acknowledge that each is entitled to our own space now and then, and I have found it wise to make up to the household what is lost by the time spent hunting.
Mike, sounds like your sensitivity to the situation won out for you and that hunting was not a marriage threatening issue. Glad you didn't listen to some of the Neanderthals on this board.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:13 PM

hate things are that way,mine is all for me hunting,heck she gets mad sometimes if she can't go.we have two small boys that eat and sleep hunt'in,she usually takes one with her.hope things work out,but don't give up something you enjoy,you'll never be happy.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. If a woman knows I love to do something as much as I enjoy doing, which is hunting/fishing and being outdoors, if she really loves you, she wouldn't ask you to give something up that is such a part of your life. Its a two way street and when the road starts to be one way (hers), there is no need to live in a prison sentence of prentending life is just grand. If it were a health issue, than that would be diff, I know about perserverance,I have been to hell and back a couple times in the relationship,but to ask me to make a discision on hunting or our relationship, as I said, thats why shes an ex. because if she knew anything about me, it would be like amputating a part of me.

Neanderthal Bobby
Old 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 121553

Its a two way street and when the road starts to be one way (hers), there is no need to live in a prison sentence of prentending life is just grand.

to ask me to make a discision on hunting or our relationship, as I said, thats why shes an ex.

Hey man, don't get me wrong, if the wife starts pushing down a one way street, that for dang sure aint right and some consensus needs to be made, I just dont think divorce should be jumped for so quickly, especially with a family involved. And as far as you and your old lady splittin up over hunting, well, every relationship is different and i'm sure there was alot more to it than just that. Maybe your wife refused to listen to reason or make comprimises, which inthat case i have nothing to say, hard situation there. I wholeheartedly disagree with a wife giving her husband ultimatums like that. A man's gotta have guts and balls and stand his ground, but understandingat the same time, was all i was trying to get across earlier. Velvet covered Iron was an analogy told to me once.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know part of it is my blame but I made the right choice. I know that not going to her dads funeral during a muzzleloader special quota hunt didn't go over very well either. I figured he was already dead and I don't like the funeral thing. Hunt or go to a funeral? Dugh... I guess thats why I'm single. I eat, live and breathe the wilderness every day of my life and I don't want to assoiciate with any one who may deney me of that. Maybe I am selfish, but this is what I am as opposed to most who dreams it. I am not a yes sir man, as you can tell, but the way I look at it, your either with me or not. Adios Amigo.

Bobby
Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rebel Hog. Yes 1968 was a good year. Every one since I married that gal have been mighty good years. Was it Luck or were we real smart? Mine says I was lucky.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 121553

I know part of it is my blame but I made the right choice. I know that not going to her dads funeral during a muzzleloader special quota hunt didn't go over very well either. I figured he was already dead and I don't like the funeral thing. Hunt or go to a funeral? Dugh...

Bobby

How did you put up with that clingy women as long as you did?
It's true outdoorsmen like you that can make us all proud.
NOT!!!

Sounds to me like she's much better off having gotten shed
of a boy like you. That is quite possibly the most selfish thing
I've ever heard anyone admit to.[:'(]

PK
Old 11-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys,

Things are working out just great and we are trying to learn from this situation. My wife suggested that I get in a tree on Saturday morning and even called the land owner. I was lucky enough to take an 8pt. Not a great rack, but the buck weighed 174lbs. He was a pig. I really appreciate some of the advice you guys gave and am using it to make my situation better. I have already got reservations and a babysitter for Thursday evening so I can take my wife out to a nice, romantic dinner with flowers. I leave Friday morning for the cabin for 10 days and have her blessings.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mike you could always try taking her with you and have her wear this
Hunting outfit LoL

Quick Reply: Problems with Wife!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.