Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Using the bathroom in the woods >

Using the bathroom in the woods

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Using the bathroom in the woods

Old 11-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Using the bathroom in the woods

So I do not think this causes any harm either. I know they say it will drive them away, along with smoking. But I have not seen this in eaither case.
From what I have seen it makes the deer think another deer,
Is whising away and makes them come to see who just did it

When I used to bow hunt in the 80s I used to stand up in my
Tree stand and whis away and pour some fox pee on it.
And the deer came around anyway.

I even heard of people whissing in scrapes and the bucks come running.
To see who the other buck is

So in MHO it draws them to the sound.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:46 PM

I was hunting in S.west texas years back and farted (pardon me maam)while watching a nice 8-point and he was starting to move then caught my
wind (lol) and put his nose in the air to investigate. needless to say, that gave me the perfect oppurtunity to get a shot off.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, since I am the dominate buck, I amsure I would scare the deer away.

This is a very interesting topic. I too have always done it in a bottle. From reading some of these posts, maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it.

One thing I do know though. Nothing will messup (pun unintended) a hunt more than failing to factor in the time it takes to unhook the straps on your hunting overalls after making it down a 12 foot tree stand and finding a place to do a #2.

C. Davis
Old 11-03-2005, 07:38 PM

I think dropping deuce in the hood of your coveralls is worse -
screw the deer!! lol
Old 11-03-2005, 08:12 PM
usa
Fork Horn

I recently read a study that said urine is sterile and animal's can't tell if it's human or not, obviously if you are on medication there might be a difference. I also pee in scrape's near my stand and I've never noticed a reaction from deer !!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

IMO, the deer are initially intruiged by the new smell. But once they can fully understand what it is, they spook.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

i don't like climbing up and down so i usually bring some zipper zip lock baggies and use them...it takes some practice learning how to squat and hold onto your harness at the same time but it's worth it...i usually put the pee bags in another bag (camo or black) so the reflection off the plastic won't spook anything....huntnma stays in her sit and scoots to the edge of it but i don't want to pee on my seat...she uses ziplocks as well...they also have urinals for women...they work too but ziplocks are easier, less expensive and clean up is much easier...drain them when you get to water and take the bags home to throw away...hope you find something you're comfortable with...the guys have SO MUCH easier than we do...lol.

little indian,
since you're so curious....
a couple years ago while i was on my period i had to pee SUPER bad and couldn't wait so i peed about 20yds away from my stand...i was all upset cause i thought it'd spook the deer but then from out of nowhere this monster comes RUNNING down the road towards me...it stopped right where i had gone and then went into this lil frenzy...seemed like he was frantically searching for whatever peed there....unfortunately i never got a shot off but it was cool to see his reaction...now i pray for my lil buddy to visit me during my hunts and each and everytime it does i take full advantage of it.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:56 AM
Spike

One suggestion to the women, be careful when you pull your coveralls down to go, not to pee in the neck of your coveralls its would make a long day!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:11 AM

Yes I am old enough.. I feel to old.. ANyway I am only (soon to be 31). But I had a hyserrectomy last year, so I am on a high dose of Estrogen, which ofcourse leaves my body through urine.

I may jut have to volunteer to go in the woods and put that theory to test.

For the ladies out there. I do go on the ground. But I actually wear depends (they are a little comfy) when I hunt, that way I do not have to worry about toilet paper and carring something to put it in. When I get home, I shower and throw the depends away, no mess. Now here is my thing. I have thought about this. I had ot have srgery on my bladder in Jan of this year. They had to teach me how to self cath myself, since I could not go on my own for 2 weeks. I became a pro at this. I have seriouldy thought about taking catherdars in the woods, so I can just self cath and not have to get out of the stand..

Oh yeah for the one who mentioned the bottle and said I could be s ure shot, I usually can be. I have been peeing in th woods forever...lol

This is an interesting thread. I am getting alot of great responses, gonan print it out and sho my dad.

I know last year, I hunted others stands and well used the bathroom at their stands. They would hunt the next day and everytime they killed. This year, I am selfish, I only pee near my stand...lol

Kim
Old 11-04-2005, 10:25 AM

I pee in a milk jug. . .But I must admit when I gotta do the other. . .it never fails. . .you get down from the stand wander back into the brush a bit get all hunkered down and then you see a Deer. . .happens every darn time.

Quick Reply: Using the bathroom in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.