Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Using the bathroom in the woods >

Using the bathroom in the woods

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Using the bathroom in the woods

Old 11-03-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Using the bathroom in the woods

Since someone posted about smoking, I thought I would post this. Now we all know the ment hunters have this much easier than us women hunters do...First NO FAIR...lol

Anyway what is your stand on this. Do you think it will drive the deer away. My dad swears by, but I will get down and go, if I need to. The funny thing is, I can almost bet everytime I get bakc into the stand, within 30 mins I see a deer.

So I do not think this causes any harm either. I know they say it will drive them away, along with smoking. But I have not seen this in eaither case.

I also here that it is not good to unt on a full moon. I have seen more deer on a full moon than any other day. I think they are urband legends.

How about you?
Kim
Old 11-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Using the bathroom in the woods

Well, being male it is a bit easier for us to pee in an empty bottle. Maybe your a good shot and can do it, too? LOL But I have went on the ground when I was w/o a bottle and had deer come right in or by.

Always bring your tags

Always bring your license

Always bring your weapon

Always bring your ammo

AND ALWAYS BRING TOILET PAPER!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously there are going to be varying opinions here. But In my experience, pee has no effect as to whether a deer will come near you or not. Heck I've had to "put it away" before while doing it becausea deer was coming through the woods toward me. He even came within 10 yds of me and my pee and never flinched. I passed on him and saw him twice more that day, not to mention the 6 or 7 does I saw. So bottom line is I never hesitate to let er fly off the deerstand, heck some people even do it in scrapes.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: MN_Deerman

Heck I've had to "put it away" before while doing it becausea deer was coming through the woods toward me.
LOL..Ok Deerman, that was alittle TMI for me...lol

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks he doesnot bother the deer. I told my dad, that it was becuse I was a girl and ahd estrogen, so they smell that...lol

Kim
Old 11-03-2005, 09:38 AM

Best to go under someone elses stand...
Old 11-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't seem to bother deer in NC...In fact...a few years back I had a guy "crowding" my hunting area....I went to the area that he was assigned to...made a couple of good rubs and a scrape...proceded to pee in the scrape...Well...he found the "deer" sign and went back to his area....Killed a 5 point that had been seen in the area the next weekend....I now pee in any fresh scrape that I plan to be hunting near....Have killed several that way....
Old 11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Kim,
I don't know how old you are, but since you know about estrogen I will assume that you are old enough. I pee in any scrape I come to and make mock scrapes with my own pee. I am looking for women that deer hunt to make scrapes or freshen up existing scrapes with their urine. Preferably women that are not on birth control. I want them to especially use urine from the ovulation time of their cycle. This is to see how bucks react to it. If it works, think of how easy & inexpensive this scent would be to get. I have pictures taken of a 140 class buck the very night I peed in the scrape. If you chose to try this study, keep me posted on the results. I am having trouble finding volunteers. If you don't want to go in the woods, pee in a bottle & take it with you. Urine is urine.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:25 PM

I went to a seminar a couple of months ago by legendary bowhunter Barry Wensel. He said in his experience (Which is substantial) that it has no effect on the deer.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Urine doesn’t scare deer away, it attracts them to come a little closer for a good sniff.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

hahaha agreed!!!

Quick Reply: Using the bathroom in the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.