Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

rut schedules

Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: rut schedules

ORIGINAL: Out for the kill

Whoa! Alabama rut schedule JANUARY????? No, I don't think so.... I'd say late November early december.
I HAVE HUNTED DEER 25 YEARS IN NORTH ALABAMA ....WE ARE 30 MILES FROM THE TENNESSEE STATE LINE ... AS MOST KNOW THAT LIVE AROUND HERE AND HUNT BOTH AL AND TN THE RUT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT ABOVE AND BELOW THE STATE LINE... THE DEER IN TN GO INTO RUT IN MID NOVEMBER ... I HAVE FOUND IN NORTH ALABAMA THAT THE RUT WILL KICK IN BETWEEN 5 AND 11 DAYS AFTER THE FULL MOON IN JANUARY ..SOMETIMES WE MISS HUNTING THE RUT ALL TOGETHERLIKE LAST YEAR WHEN THE FULL MOON FELL IN THE LAST WEEK OF THE MONTH ...

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 11-03-2005, 12:03 PM

JVic do you live in young co. or just hunt there?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:38 AM

While I think it might still be early we have sure starting seeing much more movement and activity the last week. Living on the edge of town and all.

the last 2 nights I have seen nice bucks wnader through my yard, niether are the regulars. Lots more does running about as well. I just hope things are starting to move out at my lease, Menard co. TX.

We'll now tomorrow morning. . . .
Old 11-04-2005, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Out for the kill

Whoa! Alabama rut schedule JANUARY????? No, I don't think so.... I'd say late November early december.
I hunt outside of Auburn, Al on family land and rut comes in the 2nd to 3rd week of January every year. I heard a story that it goes back to where the deer were imported from and Alabama deerwere brought in from Texas. Most Georgia deer came from Wis. which has much colder weather so they are geneticly programed to rut around the second week in November. Has anybody else heard this?
Old 11-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Georgetownboys

I just hope things are starting to move out at my lease, Menard co. TX.

We'll now tomorrow morning. . . .
Were not to far from each other, I hunt in Crockett County right outside of Ozona. good luck to ya let us know how it goes when you get back