Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How can I?

Old 10-27-2005, 09:08 AM

Default How can I?

I absolutley love my wife more than anything in the whole world, and I want her involved in everything I do. I would love for her to go hunting with me. I have asked her on several occasions but she always comes up with some excuse. Does anyone have any ideas one how to maybe coax her into coming with me just once? Because the way she is I know that onceis all it would take to get her hooked on hunting forever.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How can I?

Take her out to a productive stand without a weapon - 1st. Take a camera or video. Make sure it isn't 20 deg out.If that turns out to be a positive experiance,take her out with gun in hand.You'll find out real qiuck if she has the stomach for the actual kill. I did this with my daughter 1st.I then took her out with a weapon(me) with the understanding that we were out for possible deer harvest(kill). Problem is the 3-4 times we've been out with a weapon we never saw diddlee.I'll be taking her out this season for an actual hunt.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cant force no one. ?? A new dress,Vacation
Old 11-01-2005, 08:56 AM

you mean bribery right? hmmmm... Might work, lolthanks for the input guys.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

You can start by taking her camping!If she does'nt like camping, well, you might as well forget it about her going hunting. Treat her right and you will come out the winner. You have to do the things she likes also.50/50
Old 11-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

i understand that you love your wife and want her to be involved with everything you do.......but not to be rude but how long have you guys been married and living together?? just wondering.......i kinda think most guys will eventually want a little alone time......time to be a guy.......i mean it would be awesome to hunt with your wife.....lots of memories and expiriences together ect....but i dont know.....idlet her do her own thing......she wants to...great take her.....if not its ok...its not her thing.......atleast she isnt one of the ones that dont WANT and LET you hunt........or give you heck when you do hunt!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:06 AM

Well I been wit the wife fer about 20 years and I still can't get her to go hunting with me. She loves to camp and fish.She actually likes to get me outta the house and away from her...lol. But I just keep asking...never know she might go 1 day.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Yivin

She actually likes to get me outta the house and away from her...lol.

Hey, put a detective on her!Just joking!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:26 AM

I always wonder why my son wears those UPS brown shorts....lol
Old 11-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Yivin

I always wonder why my son wears those UPS brown shorts....lol