Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer scent ?

Old 10-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default deer scent ?

Can anyone tell me how long bottled deer scent is good for ? And another question I have, If it is only good for a certain length of time. How do you know when you buy it from ( for example, Walmart, K-mart, etc ) it is current, or is it left over inventory from last years stock... They generaly sell the stuff for a couple bucks cheaper than the sportshops do, but they probably buy the stuff in huge volume's to( hundreds of bottles ). Thanks for the info....
Old 10-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: deer scent ?

First of all I am not a big beleiver in deer scents, I am sure some of them do help, but they are no substitute for playing the wind or good scouting. I am sure though that fresh scent if we are talking about natural scents are far better then old ones. If a buck can tell if a doe is in heat by simply smelling their urine then they can easily tell the difference between OLD urine and fresh urine.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Spike

Not sure about doe urine, etc., but I have some Tinks redfox pee left from last year and I emailed Tinks. Their reply was that it would be fine to use again this year if it had been capped tight. I figure it must be true since they could have easily caused me to buy a new bottle by telling me differently. Nice to find an honest business these days.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't help but wonder if the Native Americans uses Tinks or any type of urine to harvest their game ? I think its businesssssss ..selling a bottle of urine is like selling bottled water ... all preception... marketing !

ROLL TIDE
DD
Old 10-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Spike

Doctor Death -

I think you are probably right. As a kid growing up in upstate NY we didn't have scents, we didn't wash our clothes a certain way, we didn't spray ourselves with scent block, etc. But we still shot our share of deer!! All of our hunting was from the ground ( I didn't know what a tree stand was until I started back hunting in NC a few years ago..!). Most of the time we tracked, or had someone drive an area to move the deer. A lot of deer got killed every year... so I really do question all the gimmicks.

On the other hand, I guess I'm becoming a sucker for trying anything that might give me the edge...
Old 10-30-2005, 05:48 PM

i bought some tinks one year and used it the next and a buck walked right to it and hung around a little bit.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:03 PM

Some of the more expensive scents have a date on them or will say something like “bottled for use in the 2005 season”. I drag a rag scented with doe estrus scent next to me every time I walk into my stand. Last year I had two bucks follow my trail right to my stand one night, nose to the ground the whole way. I just finished a meal from one of them a few minutes ago. The stuff works!

Here he is:
Old 10-30-2005, 09:04 PM

Has anyone tried that scent/attractant called "C'mere Deer" ? I heard from a buddy its awesome but this guy will talk ur ear off so a second opinion would be nice. Supposedly it comes in powder form where u just pour out a pile and deer just come to it and eat it like candy. He also told me that it can come in a liquid form too where u just spray it onacorns or watever around you and they just eat the acorns while u take the shot. Help me out.

[/align]
Old 10-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard some good reviews/opinions of C'mere Deer, however, when i used it, it never got touched.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:59 AM

I bought some cmere deer yesterday and plan on using it this weekend. I'll let you know if I have any good results.

I am trying to bring the deer in closer to my stand. I saw two tails at about 250 yards on Saturday going back into the woods. Hopefully this will pull them in another 50-60 yards.

Quick Reply: deer scent ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.