Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer scent ?

Old 10-31-2005, 09:25 PM

Default RE: deer scent ?

put tinks on a drag rag......walk around in circles out in front of your stand then pick it up and bag it about 20 yds out.....this will keep the buck in the area when the scent trail runs out.....he will be trying to pick back up on it.

Make sure to hang a scent disperser with some tinks upwind of your stand as well.

if you have two drags....put trophy buck urine on the other to simulate a buck trailing a doe.....then put out a little tarsal around your stand.....talk about one pissed off wallhanger!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: deer scent ?

The tink's 69 I used last year was probably 2 years old and the buck I got with it was torn between actually following "his" doe or going to my scent canisters. When she'd move, he would follow, but when she stopped, he'd catch a whiff and start towards the canisters, and on an on. I eventually got him. I do like to keep my scents refrigerated though....don't know if that helps at all.