Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Will this spook deer?

Old 10-30-2005, 08:55 PM

Default RE: Will this spook deer?

Worst case u just take ur paintbucket out there and dull it up if ur still worried about it. Thats wat i woulda done the second it got to its new spot, but even tho ur late, just go ahead and do it anyways itll be fine.

[/align]
Old 10-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Will this spook deer?

Mideerhunter,
I would not worry too much, especially if the paint is flat!On my last lease, someone had a stand that we called "the leapard stand!" It was almost a pink color, broken up with spots of white paint! And that stand was productive!
As for putting stands out late, I've dropped off stands in the woods, and killed deer off of them the next day! Also, concidering that we are putting stands up on the deer's 24 hour a day, home turf, they ARE going to find it, no matter how wecamo them! Once they have found it, they are going to stare at it EVERY time they step within sight of it!
Window covering is a must, and I'd worry more about the stands inside being painted a dark color, than I would about it's outside! Good luck!