HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Any other deer hunter who can't sit still out there? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/118386-any-other-deer-hunter-who-cant-sit-still-out-there.html)

VT_Hunter1980 10-26-2005 02:35 PM

Any other deer hunter who can't sit still out there?

I'm good for about 3 hours sitting still. After that, I have to move. All but one of the deer I've seen while hunting has been when I've been attempting to still hunt. Unfortunately, I've mostly only seen the south end of those deer. Eventually I'll slow down a bit and perfect still hunting. At least I get to explore more area that way. Is anyone else a restless deer hunter?

Shaggy2 10-26-2005 02:38 PM

RE: Any other deer hunter who can't sit still out there?

Count me in. Three hours and I am out. I love to stalk deer and set up ground blinds which allow some movement. I have been succusful with this approach.

catchamind 10-26-2005 02:48 PM

When I first started hunting at the age of 10, I couldn't sit still at all. Through the years of hunting, I've learned though.

Now at the age of 22, I don't move one bit.

VT_Hunter1980 10-26-2005 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: catchamind

When I first started hunting at the age of 10, I couldn't sit still at all. Through the years of hunting, I've learned though.

Now at the age of 22, I don't move one bit.
I'm still incredibly fidgety at age 24. I'll ptobably never outgrow it.

Robv2007 10-26-2005 06:17 PM

3 hours! i can hardly make it 2 hours in a treestand. if im in a groundblind then i can make it 3 hours but thats pushing it. i think a alot of it depends on if you're seeing anything or not, if i'm not seeing any deer i can't sit long but if i'm seeing a lot then i can sit a lot longer, but when i do get up and move it seems that i see the majority of my deer.

dusters84 10-26-2005 06:17 PM

It helps to bring a good book and keep warm.

jrbsr 10-26-2005 06:39 PM

When I was between 17 and 18 yesrs old I was,
Crossing a road and a 79 Ford LTD hit me.

And my back hurts like crazzy to sit for long.
So sitting still is a real chore for me.

I started turkey hunting and not sitting still is kinda hard.
I am getting a little better.
I almost got one this past spring.

Oh well I will try harder next time.
Sitting still is just harder for some people.

deer-hunter18 10-26-2005 06:44 PM

Buy a Summit Viper X5, you will be able to hunt all day with no problems, they are the most comfortable stand EVER...

DannyD 10-26-2005 06:54 PM

bought a decent size pop up ground blind and i dont have to sit still.
I move around a bit and even stand up occasionally to stretch the legs. Use a pretty comfy chair too. I've actually stayed in it from 5AM to 7PM once

The best test i had was turkey hunting this spring. Has some turkeys near by and my bussy and i were in the blind. We were moving pretty good inside the blind while they were near us but they never saw us

Chuck7 10-26-2005 07:07 PM

I play games with my self to make myself sit long. I either won't leave the stand until I identify 25 birds. May take 4-5 hours or every 20 minutes I read a chapter of the Bible. After I finish a book I leave my stand. Some take all day. After I read about 30 chapters of Jeremiah once I shot my first buck. Last year I shot my buck after 5 chapters of John.

Chuck7