HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Wisconsin Zone T (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/118290-wisconsin-zone-t.html)

Theinespines3 10-25-2005 06:38 PM

Wisconsin Zone T

Wisconsin Zone T opens this weekend, an where i hunt, in the Herd Reduction Zone, it is earn a buck. The temps are supposted to be in the mid 50's, and overcast. I am so excited. I am headed out friday afternoon and then the Hunt is on!!!!

Anyone Else gonna hunt this weekend?
Theinespines

Dampland 10-25-2005 08:54 PM

RE: Wisconsin Zone T

Thank GAWD there isn't a T-Zone in my hunting area this year.

Last year there was an October T-Zone, and a whole ton of Big Bucks were poached during it.

Schobs 10-25-2005 09:57 PM

Yea i'll be headin out thur mornin, near sobieski. I hope to see only does, bcuz when i see big bucks during the T zone i just getmad. Last year i had a real wide 9 pointer hang around my stand for about 15 min during the T zone and all i could do was watch him go by. Good luck and stay safe!

wis_bow_huntr 10-26-2005 06:35 AM

T-Zone is a joke. What erks me about the T-Zones is that they have them where there are hardley any does or deer period. My zone was in a T-zone the first 2 years they had the T zones and now on my property alone, its nothing to see 20-60 does in one sitting in the evening. Thats on 180 acres of land. Whats wrong with this picture?? Tzone &EAB should be done away with and put things back to the way they used to be. Too many tags, regulations, cost increases, for what!!!??? A stupid deer. Its getting way out of hand and anyone that agrees with me should step forward.Our hunting heritageis slowly dyingand us as resident hunters have to make the DNR realize it. Instead of Tzones and EABs just give everyone who buys a license 2 free bonus antlerless tags. And then have them on sale as well for $12.00. The dnr has their heads stuck so far up their butts that theyll never see daylight nor see exactly what is going on.

WisconsinJeff 10-26-2005 01:53 PM

If there is one program that the DNR has missed on itis the T-Zone. I love to hunt, preferably with a bow but I gun hunt as well. To have a doe only season right in the middle of the rut is ludicrous. I will not be in the woods this weekend even though I would love to be.

I already have harvested a doe and will harvest another during the regular gun season and this is the time I look forward too every year in hopes to bag a nice buck. Most of the people who harvest a doe this weekend would be able to fill the same tag in a few weeks during the regular gun hunt.

I wish all hunters would stay out of the woods to boycott the T-Zone.

Deerslayer_37 10-26-2005 03:00 PM

It's clueless morons like you that are ruining hunting in Wisconsin. People have done nothing but piss and moan about Zone T and Earn a Buck because they don't understand the science behind you. If you dont want it, SHOOT MORE DOES!! When you guys get this whole boycott idea, less does get shot. We have way too many deer in this state. People think its great seeing 20-60 deer in a field every nite. yeah, its cool, but its not healthy. The deer eventually exceed their carrying capacity and die off of disease. If we don't start shooting more does, CWD and TB will become common in Wisconsin. Zone-T hasn't hurt anything. What, don't like people shooting does? Name an ill affect of T-zone. You can't count poaching because those guys would probably poach anyway.

Earn a buck has been huge for my family. we have a lot of land in the HRZ zone. 10 years ago, it was crawling with deer, we didnt see a lot of nice bucks, too many deer and not enough nutrition. because of zone t and the free CWD earn a buck tags, we've been able to cut down the number of deer dramatically. I don't see anywhere as near as many deer these days, but the quality of deer gets better every year. Before, if we saw a 140 class buck, it was a successful year. I already have 3 140's on camera and my uncle has spotted a 170+ hanging out around a corn field consistently.

Reading that over, it sounded pretty extreme, but im sick of hearing all the negativity about Zone-T and EAB from people who know absolutey nothing about the science around it. Theresa reason the DNR does this. If there was better hunter participation, these programs would work. You gotta kill a few does and get your hands dirty, no going around it. we all gotta do our part to keep a healthy herd. i plan on killing 6 or 8 does this year like i did last year. if eveyrone would just shoot 2 does and let the little bucks walk, everyonen would be happy.

Theinespines3 10-26-2005 05:25 PM

Deerslayer i totally agree with you. Before the zone t we mainly saw small bucks, with a few big ones. But now with EAB and zone t combo, we see huge bucks, like never before. Last year our camp took 7 does and 1 buck. That just means bigger bucks ands and better oppertunity. I believe the zone t is necessary for herd and disease management.

Theinespines

dusters84 10-26-2005 06:10 PM

It depends upon where you are hunting. On my land in Buffalo County, I don't think we need a zone-t. My group shoots enough does as it is.

wihunter32 10-26-2005 07:03 PM

the only problem i have with it is that it should be earler in october and not during the rut

intimidator 10-26-2005 07:37 PM

I am with WisconsinJeff. I don't believe in T zone and probably never will. I really do not think there is any "Science" behind this it is all about the bottom line. I am not totally against the DNR by no means, I wish there were more wardens, and I know that means more money, at least that's what they lead us to believe. I have 160 aces in a unit that has been T zone for years and spent alot of hours on my butt in a tree and have not seen any difference in the age of Bucks. In fact I'm pretty sure I've seen less. Might sound bad but I hope alot of deer plop their butts down on my land and stay there until Sun night. I'm sorry it just makes me sick of how many nubby bucks will get shot and not to mention all the mature bucks left to rot with anters whacked off. Just my opinion, I'm not here to make enimies.