Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 need place to hunt in ga ........ >

need place to hunt in ga ........

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

need place to hunt in ga ........

Old 10-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default need place to hunt in ga ........

man I though I had it going this year. We lost our lease due to a property sale a while back and I thought I was done. well then I find some property to hunt form a guy who knows a guy and well,,,, now I cant hunt there cause his son all of a sudden wants to hunt this year so he asked me not to hunt after this sunday...... so if anyone knows of some land I oculd hunt pleeeeaaasseee let me know I am hunitng for a trophy this year not just for meat. so its not like I am out to shoot everything I see..... If you can help it would be great.....
Old 10-25-2005, 07:29 AM

Default RE: need place to hunt in ga ........

where about ya looking to hunt in GA?....North, Central, South?....
Old 10-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

I live in milledgeville. I would like middle ga area, but will travel for a weekend hunting trip as long as its not to far
Old 10-25-2005, 07:35 PM

Boy , does this sound familiar. Have you tried the back section of the Gon? I have been looking myself, and thanks to a lot of good people, I have a good prospect that I am going to check out this weekend. They have one more opening, so if interested let me know--it's in Greene County.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:36 AM

Well we let some guests on our club over in heard county. It $50 a day with a trophy fee of $200 if you shoot a buck. The buck must have atleast 8 points and a 14 inch inside spread. Thats what we call legal at our land.But if ya shoot a doeyou can shoot up to 4 with no extra charge, just the $50 a day. Sorry for the trophy fee but webeen trying to raise some big deer and this kinda puts a stop to alot of guests coming and shootin all the biggin's and not being a member.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:43 AM

sorry for the late come back but I work from 4 in morn to 3 in the afternoon...We have a web site we kinda keep up to date sorta...newrivertrophyclub.com...it needs some work still but there a couple of pics out there over a few seasons...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:16 AM

We have land in Monroe County. I can see if we need any more members if you want. It is not much land, it is about 100 acres. The dues are 200.00. There are only 4 of us that hunt. My dad and the other guy camps on weekends, me and my husband go during the week.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:56 PM

BTW, I am new to this forum and have learned a bundle already, especially concerning deer movement and habitat tendencies. Great Forum! Same issue here. I have only been deerhunting 5 seasons. Mostly on friends private property. But with the buildup around the south of Atlanta area it is obvious that land and deer will be harder to find. The other extraproblem that I have to deal with, is that I am one of the few Black hunters in the Ga. woods. Sadly, that canstill be an extrahandicap when looking for acceptance in a club. I don't let it get me down though, I LOVE to hunt and will keep looking for good people andplaces to hang a stand.I would also love to hear from anyone needing a non-drinking, Christian, 50 year oldDelta employeeclub member in the middle Georgia area.May be time to buy some land soon!

Old 10-26-2005, 02:50 PM

An oppurtumnity will present itself, hang in there--and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

you were looking like a good candidate for us, until you mentioned the no drinking part, lol. just kidding. my lease is in florida, so it wouldn't work anyway, though our members enjoy their wine. it's only after the hunt and with dinner, but a bottle or two is always on the table, each.

Quick Reply: need place to hunt in ga ........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.