Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hornady interbond for deer?

Old 10-23-2005, 06:42 PM

Default hornady interbond for deer?

has anyone tried these bullets on deer?if so could you give me your experience with em...thanks
Old 10-23-2005, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hornady interbond for deer?

I think I shot 4 last year with them and they were alright, but I bought some more of the Hornady 140 gr BTSP to use. I just like them better.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

If they shoot well, theywill work fine. I tried todevelop a load but didn't have any success I ended up going with the Nosler Accubonds. You could also try these if the Hornady's aren't quite what your looking for interms of accuracy. I think these bonded polymers are a good choice for the guys who like the idea behind the Ballistic Tips but want a little more control on expansion.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:50 AM

my favorite out of the 700 sendero in a 270
Old 10-24-2005, 12:03 PM

has anyone tried them with a 100 yard shot or less on whitetail?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry trophytaker, but I have no hunting experience w/ them nor have I heard any field reports. I have, however, achieved very good accuracy w/ them w/ 165gr in a 300 Win Mag and their trajectory is superb.

Last year I hesitantly used 150gr SST's and in a worst case scenario (30-40yd shot, through the shoulder, 300+lb whitetail) it exploded but did significant damage in the process. The Interbond is a step up in toughness (thicker jacket; bonded core) so I'm very confident hunting w/ them this year.

Having said that, I think most bets are off when you take close range shots w/ high velocity loads and jacketed bullets. That's why I prefer the Nosler Partition but the long-range ballistics are better w/ the Interbond...too much to ignore anyway.

Hope that helps a bit and hopefully someone has some hunting experience w/ them.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:43 PM

how far did the deer go after you hit the sholder??
Old 10-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: trophytaker308

how far did the deer go after you hit the sholder??
I was surprised he went anywhere given the amount of damage done but here's how it went:

He was quartering towards me so I hit the shoulder (shattered it into dozens and dozens of pieces), baseball size hole through the ribs, took out both lungs, severed the heart entirely, punctured and lacerated the liver, 3 holes through the ribs on the far side. He trotted about 20yds, fell down, got back up, walked a few yards, fell down and expired very quickly thereafter.

(I should mention, he was chasing a doe so he was full of piss and vinegar at the time.) [8D]
Old 10-24-2005, 01:03 PM

thanks for the info..

Old 10-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

I just got back from Alberta where I shot a 12 point buck with a 154 grain Interbond at 150 yards & I was impressed, the deer never took another step. I should have taken a picture of the exit hole [:@]
I was shooting my 7mm Rem Mag Browning A-Bolt.

Quick Reply: hornady interbond for deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.