HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Wich Animal Is Deer Least Afraid Of ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/117769-wich-animal-deer-least-afraid.html)

jrbsr 10-22-2005 07:12 AM

Wich Animal Is Deer Least Afraid Of ?

In the wild wich animal can walk right up to a deer that will not scare it?

mahoningbuck 10-22-2005 04:01 PM

RE: Wich Animal Is Deer Least Afraid Of ?

I have seen a group of turkey followed by several deer on numerous occassions!

one on one 10-22-2005 10:50 PM

got this pic today.

cardeer 10-23-2005 11:07 AM

Oh come on

JagMagMan 10-23-2005 02:13 PM

I didn't even vote in this poll! It's a very loaded question, and the answer is complicated, at best! Are we talking noise? Sight? Smell?
Answers can vary from area to area, and day to day even!
Naturally, known preditors are going to be high on the list! Man, which is not on the poll, is at the very top of the list! Anything to do with man, is going to spook deer 99.99 percent of the time!
I've seen deer spook at squirrels, and small birds, and I've snuck up on deer while on horse-back! Go figure!

moosehunter21 10-23-2005 07:39 PM

Here in my area the moose and the deer coenside very well.

Firehawk7309 10-24-2005 05:18 AM

Deer seem to hang behind turkeys here in Kentucky, so if you see one the other isn't far behind. I guess the deer use the turkey's superior sight in conjunction with their sense of smell. Hard combination to beat. Squirrels on the other hand are everywhere and are just as likely to bust you as they are deer. When the squirrels all start looking back in the same direction while they are feeding I can almost put money on the fact that deer are in the area. I have seen some coons and possumsaround persimmons and deer will move cautiously in to feed as well.

Big Rut Buck 10-26-2005 06:24 AM

I guess the deer use the turkey's superior sight in conjunction with their sense of smell. Hard combination to beat. Squirrels on the other hand are everywhere and are just as likely to bust you as they are deer.
Them beeping squirels will start squaking and the deer will look at you
and get you busted.

dusters84 10-26-2005 06:20 PM

squirrels and turkeys don't seem to spook deer too much.

JCNinOKC 10-26-2005 11:01 PM

Where's the armadillo? You forgot the armadillo!!;) I see them hanging out together in fields all the time. That would be my vote.