HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Stand location (Photo included) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/117503-stand-location-photo-included.html)

ChasintheTrophys 10-19-2005 11:05 PM

Stand location (Photo included)

Heres a partial map of the farm I hunt . The property i am allowed to hunt is below the white line . The red dot is a stand that i already have placed in a draw between two feilds . The yellow dot is where I've seen 2 does come out in the feild before dark . Looking at the picture where do you thinkd the best stand options are ? Help me out Guys !

FroMan 10-20-2005 12:08 AM

RE: Stand location (Photo included)

Use Google Earth or Terraserver for your images. They don't have the distracting advertisement running through the image.

Also make your dots bigger. If I could make them out I could help you out better.

GSPsnFORDs 10-20-2005 01:06 AM

WOW! Depending on what all timber and fields you can hunt, there looks like some great potential stand sites! If I get time tomorrow, maybe I'll point a few out to you. I would right now, but i'm in between lab reports and huntingnet! haha

ChasintheTrophys 10-20-2005 01:39 AM

i can hunt anywhere below the white line . Thanks guys cant wait to see what ya think

mahoningbuck 10-20-2005 04:53 AM

GIVE ME SOME DIRECTIONAL IDEAS. WHICH WHY IS NORTH,SOUTH, WEST, AND EAST. ALSO, THAT FIELD. . . IS IT DOWN/CUT? WERE THOSE DOES EATING THE GREEN GRASS. ANYWAYS FROM WHAT I AM LOOKING AT I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE YOUR STAND TO THE RIGHT ON THE EDGE OF THAT SMALL GREEN AREA WITH THAT TREE LINE EXTENDING OUT.

krub6b 10-20-2005 08:12 AM

The green dots on the map are spots I would look into. And if u can find more spots in the woods with lots of trails, scrapes, etc. I'd try and set up stands there too. There's no such thing as too many stands.

GSPsnFORDs 10-20-2005 08:01 PM

I like the spots on the previous post and also the red spot on your original. The places I picked are shown in yellow. You might be able to catch a buck cruising alon the red lines..depending on topography. I really think you should investigate the yellow spot on the lower right hand side of the map. It looks to me that this spot is in between two tickets and during the rut you might be able to catch a buck cruising along the outskirts or in between the thickets. You might not want to be directly in between them but maybe somewhere along the red lines....depending on wind direction. Hopefully this will give you a few more ideas.