HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   [Deleted] (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/117301-deleted.html)

Deleted User 10-18-2005 05:56 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Little Yellowjacket 10-18-2005 06:55 PM

RE: LADDER STANDS- RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE

well, depends on your setup, do you like room? I have a 12' hunters view buddy stand. I don't hunt with a buddy, I just like the extra room. They are very cheap a Wally World.

kyhuntsman 10-19-2005 06:33 AM

I bought aStrongBuilt® Basic 15' Ladder stand from Bass Pro Shops two season ago and am very happy with it. It came with the rifle rest, has plenty of room to it (I am 6'6" tall and am comfortable), and it is fairly easy to assemble and also set up. The only thing is the one I got two seasons ago has a 300 lb weight limit and the ones they sell now only have a 250 lb weight limit. Not that big of a deal if you weight less than that. The best thig about it is the cost, $89.99 regular price and they have sales on all of the time on it. Right now it is $79.99.

Good luck!

krub6b 10-19-2005 08:13 AM

never bought a stand before but if u can't find one that u like the design of contact ur local high school's vo-ag program and see i they will make one to ur specs. If they use anything beefier than 1/4 inch tube it will be plenty strong.

Western MA Hunter 10-19-2005 08:26 AM

I have a 15' from Cabelas which is very nice and also have one from WalMart which is decent. Not quite as sturdy as Cabelas.

huntermiike 10-19-2005 09:13 AM

well, depends on your setup, do you like room? I have a 12' hunters view buddy stand. I don't hunt with a buddy, I just like the extra room. They are very cheap a Wally World.
I bought two of these this year. Very nice, put burlap around them for extra concealment. Also bought the 4' extensions for them. Makes it nice when you got room to move a bit.

zekeskar 10-19-2005 12:43 PM

I've used two or three different types - don't even know the brands, but do know that none were "super deluxe" nor were they the cheapest money could buy. All are very strong and comfortable. Like someone said, a railing is (imho) essential - for a gun rest and also for safety.

We've always put burlap (camo) hanging around the railing. These stands tend to stay there all season, so the burlap becomes part of the deer's environment and i'ts sight and movement doesn't spook them at all. It hides minor movements.

Another feature to consider - is there a rain cover of some sort available. A lot of folks don't think they're necessary, but they can be handy. Again, if the stand sits out there long term, any visual or sound effect from the cover will become part of the environment and will not spook the deer. I wouldn't necessarily use either the burlap or the cover if I were putting the stand up right at opening day, but if you are putting the stand up before season starts and leaving it there, give those two things a thought.

DawnPatrol 10-19-2005 03:50 PM

BIG Game 20 ft. ladder stand $179.98---i own 2 going to purchase another. I have used them for the last 3 years. Out of sight out of mind!

YooperMike 10-20-2005 06:38 AM

I am a big guy so I use the buddy stands just for the added safety, but the extra room is also very nice to have. The one that my brother an I use is the Big Game Two-Man Buddy Stand. Here is the link to the Cabela's site for it.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...h-results1.jsp

This stand is rock solid and the huge foot platform is very nice. Definetely a two man job to set it up though...maybe even threee depending on the size of the guys setting it up. Once it is up though, solid as can be. I would highly recomend it to anyone who wants a ladder.

il coyote 10-20-2005 11:24 AM

there are many companies that make the same design treestand. 15 feet, foot and seat platform, ladder stabilizer bar. every year they go on sale around here for 49.99. I have several, mainly because they are easy to work with, and they feel real secure on the tree. But I do prefer to use 20 foot climbing sticks with hang ons.