HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Couldn't hold it, had to go (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/117191-couldnt-hold-had-go.html)

St.Barnard 10-17-2005 10:14 PM

Couldn't hold it, had to go

Three weeks to go till gun season, and I don't bow hunt. Wanting to get out in the woods, I went this morning and sat in an existing stand that hasn't been hunted in a while, to see what came by. I plan on hunting it opening weekend. Well wouldn't you know it, I forgot to put my pee-bottle in my pack, and had my allotment of coffee earlier. I held out as long as I could, then got down and made a hole with my boot, peed,thencovered it with dirt. Back in the stand, mad at myself, I then got down and sprayed the area with scent killer. How much damage did I do?

mahoningbuck 10-18-2005 04:21 AM

RE: Couldn't hold it, had to go

Saturday morning I was hunting my ground blind and had to pee. I walked about 20yards away from my blind and peed.Afterabour forty five minutesI walked over to get my brother in law and scouted his area for awhile. I left myquiver and other items so we had to go back. Well as sooon as we got to thirty yards of my ground blind four does popped up and ran. They bedded down right where I had peed and hour and half earlier! I was shocked!

kevin1 10-18-2005 04:40 AM

Many folks pee on their mock scrapes , or off their stands , and it doesn't hurt a bit . I've seen deer sniff where I've peed before and not once did they spook .

trailer 10-18-2005 05:33 AM

I’ve never had any problems doing my #1 not far from where I hunt and have been very successful on a number of occasions.

mauser06 10-18-2005 05:40 AM

i dont think it hurts much either.......cant say for sure....but i dont care....and im not peeing in every water bottle i empty!! i drink alot......and eat alot.......only way i can sit there.......i think i went 3 times before noon on saturday......i just stand up and go to the side of the tree i sit by lol........if i think deer might be in the area ill just get on my knees and crawl over a foot or 2 and go......

timbercruiser 10-18-2005 06:33 AM

Lots of folks pee right off of their ladder stands and say it doesn't make any difference. Some claim it will actually attract deer. I don't know for sure.

BAMABUCKHUNTER03 10-18-2005 08:46 AM

Lastyear i was bowhunting and my eyeballs started to float, so i stood up and just let er fly in the wind. Sit down and about 20 min later 2 does came walking out about 55 yards or so away and stopped, looking my direction, then darted off. I don't know if it was my pee or they seen me or smelled me, i try not to pee out of the stand if i can help it.

pintoshot 10-18-2005 09:55 AM

I know this sounds strange...but I crapped from my stand last weekend and shot a buck within 10 -15 minutes later. Couldnt holde it any longer an went ahead and layed down some pooh. No worries

tj_cubin 10-18-2005 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: pintoshot

I know this sounds strange...but I crapped from my stand last weekend and shot a buck within 10 -15 minutes later. Couldnt holde it any longer an went ahead and layed down some pooh. No worries
like right out of a tree stand? I would HATE to walk upon that sight while hunting [:'(]

pa_yote_hunter 10-18-2005 02:30 PM

would be a pretty funny sight