HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   reply to the ridicules post (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/116960-reply-ridicules-post.html)

bigtim6656 10-16-2005 09:44 AM

reply to the ridicules post

can't we all just get along

there were a lot of post on the original ad so i thought i would open a new one

yes some people do go a little overboard i was taking to a friend the other day and he seen a 50 cal high power rifle on myth busters and it went throw bulletproof glass and he said he wont to get one and use it for hunting whitetail i thought you must be the dumbest person i know but i told him it is his right to use what ever he wonted and if he wonted to use it i would support him but i would not hunt with him when he used it

also i am hunting in blue jeans a t shirt on the ground in a homemade wood blind that cost very little i am use a AR 15 as my rifle just because it is what i have i do not have the cash to go buy 200 or 300 in camo close or a new 300 rifle or a 200 stand i have to use what i have and can afford but if i had the cash i would buy it all but not because i need it but because i think it will help me i think we all have the freedom to chose what we wont to use and i will support anyone that hunts no matter what as long as they follow the law

DannyD 10-16-2005 07:45 PM

RE: reply to the ridicules post

bigtim,
Yes we can all get along. At least most of the time.
In my opinion, the problem was not that the guy didn't wear camo, used a home built stand, or had a 30-30. The problem arose when he called everyone who did spend more on a gun, wore camo, or had a decent treestand idiots.
If all you can afford or or you want is the basic necessities to get out in the woods and hunt thenm by all means do it. And i applaud you for just getting out there. But I think it's wrong to critisize someone who has other guns, buys hi-tech clothing etc.
In fact the only hunting method I had issue with was sitting on the limb of a tree. It's just unsafe period.
Other than that grab the old 30-30 pull on the levis, the tee shirt, sneakers and Yankee hat, plop your but down against a tree and hunt.

m.t.hands 10-16-2005 09:56 PM

bigtime, most of the time, 99% of it anyway, people get along fine here, the problem arises when someone comes on here with a post that is not up for debate, forums are for disscusion, some folks have no tack about them at all, if the original had just said i miss the old days, i'd rather hunt like we used to or whatever it would have been fine but when you step on other folks toes you better be ready to suffer the outcome, there are ways to ask a question and still interject your own feelings

like these type questions

1. guys i have been hunting with a gun my granfather handed down to me it is just a 30-30, and i have been considering another gun..we have killed a bunch of deer over the years but was wondering what the benefits of some of the newer calibers would be?

same thing worded different

why would anybody buy something bigger than a 30-30 for deer, me, my dad , and my grandfather have been killing deer for years with the same gun, anybody that would waste money on anything bigger is just stupid and wasting money.

1. remington rifles are the best, everything else is junk

or

1. i'm looking for a new rifle, what do you like and why

get the idea,i dont have a problem with most of madboar post, i did report it for the vulgarity and profanity though, last but not least i got to tip my hat to you for your post, a lot of us get to wrapped up in the latest gizmo for deer hunting, what you said made me know your out there for the love of the hunt, a lot of people would be at home sittng on their duff, i dont have a four wheeler, i dont have nowhere to hunt
but you are out there brother and i admire you for that

also i am hunting in blue jeans a t shirt on the ground in a homemade wood blind that cost very little i am use a AR 15 as my rifle just because it is what i have i do not have the cash to go buy 200 or 300 in camo close or a new 300 rifle or a 200 stand i have to use what i have and can afford but if i had the cash i would buy it all but not because i need it but because i think it will help me i think we all have the freedom to chose what we wont to use and i will support anyone that hunts no matter what as long as they follow the law

DeerManiac874 10-16-2005 10:27 PM

All I have to say is that I really enjoyed reading mad's story. When I read his original post, I read it like it should have been read (or so I think it should have). I overlooked all the questionable wording and read it for its true purpose. I believe that mad started this post to explain HIS OPINION on the hunting scenerio of todays world. I think everyone can agree that the hunting accessory industry has grown tremendously over the last few years. I think that mad was just trying to express his views on what hunting used to be about - more primitive. Even though he threw in a few "idiots" and a few strange wordings, I read it for what it was.
In general, I think that everyone needs to remember that this is a forum where we can talk about hunting, opinions, stories, etc. with fellow hunters. I think that if we all begin arguing over opinions, we are beginning to play with fire. Like I said before, this post was his opinion and I just think that if anyone had a problem with what he said, just let it blow over. Honestly, if everyone who had a problem with his post had not of replyed, this forum would have been history (off the top posts) by the end of the day. All of the rebuttals only made things more awkward for everyone. All the arguing and calling each other hipocrits, etc..?? is that really necessary? In MY OPINION (just had to through that out first, haha), if we dont like what we are reading, ignore it...that is why I never posted anything in the original post.
This is all just my two cents and everyone can make up their own mind. But, I feel that if we can all just give each other a break and enjoy each others company and discuss and laugh and have a good time, the overall moral of this forum will be a lot better off.

Germ 10-17-2005 01:55 PM

Wow, I enjoyed the read, I answered a post about scent-lok to let the person know what I do. I know what works for me may not work for others. I thought the idea was to share what we do to help others. Some guys just got a down right mad about what I posted. Now I really watch what I write because it is not worth it.

GSPsnFORDs 10-18-2005 02:14 AM

Not sure what the situation is here....apparently I've missed a few things as I haven't been around as much as usual. But, bigtime, don't get disgruntled by a few negativeposts (I'm assuming that's what we're talking about here?). Almost all of the members here are really good natured and are here b/c they enjoy hunting and want to share they're experiences, ideas, opinions, etc.with others. BUT, everybody has different opinions as far as what works for them or how they do things. Take it all in with a grain salt. Modify their opinions and adapt them to suit your needs. We're humans and all have our different ways of going about things....especially hunting. haha Stick around...you won't be dissappointed!!