Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scounting cameras

Old 10-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default scounting cameras

I want to buy one of those scouting cameras. What brand would you buy?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: scounting cameras

Not really sure what brand. But I would spend the extra money and get a nice digital camera, it will save you money in the long run. Because of the price to get the film developed. I am getting ready to buy me a new digital one to replace my 35mm camera.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have a cuddeback and I really like it. They are a little more expensive than some of the other ones out there but, I think it's worth the extra money.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey deer hunter 1224, mine is an older film camera and it does get costly taking pictures of coons, foxes, and does, and coyote's, if i were going to buy one today i'd go with the cuddieback also, would make a great x-mas gift, i will try to get you the name of the brand i've got it has done great only a few complaints, picture not centered in frame mainley, but developing does get costly[:@]

best of luck, keith
Old 10-15-2005, 08:54 PM

I also agree if you have the money, get digital. I have the cheap Stealth Cam (35mm) and I really don't have any complaints about it. I've had it for three years and for the money its been a good camera.

When I get the extra money, I will either get the Cudde Back or Leaf River.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a "homemade" digital that my brother built a few years back and a Camtrakker digital. The Camtrakker brand digital is pricey but in my opinion is the best on the market. I have had a Cuddeback and would not give 2 cents for another. Mine never did work, and their customer service sucks. My friend has one that works fine, but like I said, their customer service sucked for me. Digital is the only way to go no matter what brand you choose.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:10 PM

i bought a moultrie digital for 100 bucks, a little slow on the trigger, but it works fine,no need to spend big bucks on one and then not bepleased with it, developing will cost, if your like me, you just want to see whats in the area.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:02 AM

The old cuddlebacks were bad but the new 3.0 is a good set-up.
Pennwoods (4.0 sony)is a good setup but cost to much(If you can get one on E-Bay for under $450 thats a good deal)
Stay away from eagleeye(Now called NatureQuest)Bad bussiness
Snapshot Sniper(4.0 sony)is a user friendly great set-up with TopNotch customer service
highlander is a PITA
LeafRiver is supposed to be a great camera,(but I never had one)
BuckEye sends the pic's to your computer within a minute of being taken,supposed to be good for 2 miles from homebase BLAH bla bla...DOSENT WORK
Pennwoods has a cell phone camera that sends it to any e-mail addy.You need a provider and get the unlimited picture thing .I havent tried that but Pennwood is on top of the game so I doupt there wood be a problem

If I was looking for another camera it would probably be the New Cuddleback or another Snapshot
Most of the setups with the sony P-41(snapshot,pennwoods)you get @ 200 pics befor changing batteries in camera
Old 10-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

I've used seven digital scouting cameras so far. From what I have seen so far, if I were only going to buy one camera right now I would get the SpyCam from Woodland Outdoor Sports. Try woodlandspycam.com.

John