Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

rediculas

Old 10-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: rediculas

I hope that this thread at least taught him how to spell ridiculous.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Mods must have blown him away or is that him racing over the yonder hill with tail between the legs.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:14 PM

LOL at stubblejumper!!! I hope he learned to spell it properly.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: deerhuntress56

Old 10-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: deerhuntress56

Well I am assuming that this was the word that he was referring to.

One entry found for ridiculous.

Main Entry: ri·dic·u·lous
Pronunciation: r&-'di-ky&-l&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin ridiculosus (from ridiculum jest, from neuter of ridiculus) or ridiculus, literally, laughable, from ridEre to laugh
: arousing or deserving ridicule : ABSURD, PREPOSTEROUS
synonym see LAUGHABLE
- ri·dic·u·lous·ly adverb
- ri·dic·u·lous·ness noun
Old 10-16-2005, 02:37 PM

I would tend to agree.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quotes removed by dh56 to prevent younger folks from reading....[]
no problem i really should not have included them, i hope i did not offend anyone[&o], i have always enjoyed this forum for what it was intended, information and to help peolpe that are just getting into hunting

i would have deleted the whole thread reason being is now people will think it is acceptable behavior to carry on like that till you get in trouble, in that i am very dissapointed, not telling ya'll how to do your jobs, which BTW i think ya'll do a great job of, but this however should be gone also, in complience with rules #

Then they get a bunch of drunk buddies
4. No topics and/or statements which could be used to reflect poorly on hunting, archery or firearms. Anti-hunting and other posts indicating a stance against the hunting, archery or the firearm industry will be removed and your account will be banned.

6. Please do not post anything that could be used by "anti-hunting" groups to support their cause. Remember, it is easy to take comments out of context. Keep this in mind as you post, since anti-hunting groups may visit this site in search of ammunition for their cause.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have climbed into a tree, sat on a limb, and hunted for deer. I realized that it was very risky. One time I climbed up in this tree, in the morning dark, I hung my rifle (unloaded) from a stump of a branch by the rifle sling. The cruddy old branch stump -- which I could not see well in the dark -- broke off and my rifle fell off into the dark. My partner who was helping me up the tree caught the rifle -- preventing damage to his noggin and to my rifle. Sitting in the tree, I felt that if I made a mistake -- and at 49 years of age I have a healthy respect for my capacity to make errors and having things not go 100% according to plan -- I was liable to pitch out of the tree head-first and likely break my freakin' neck. That was my last hunt sitting on the branch of a tree.

I support anyone's wish to hunt as they want to. I think some people go overboard buying gadgets. I have gone overboard myself sometimes buying gadgets. I sure have more hunting knives than I can use. I've got a Buck 110, a Gerber Gator, a Schrade something or other, a Jim Zumbo Elk Knife, an old Marbles hunting knife, and maybe one or two others I'm not remembering. I've got face camo that I used once only and stopped using after I got the face camo smeared on the stock of my rifle and on my cell phone and after I spent a lot more time than I wanted to cleaning off my face and STILL didn't get all the face camo off. I have a buck grunt tube that has not worked for me. You get the idea. I wear camo pants and shirt. Might as well -- my pair of camo pants was $24, which is cheaper than a pair of Levi's. But who cares? So what. People go overboard about all sorts of things. Who is perfect?

I also find it questionable that one has hunted for years and never missed and that the deer always drops right in its tracks. I have heard that deer that are heart shot often times run off at a high rate of speed for as much as 50 yards before dropping dead -- blown up heart. "Never miss, deer drops dead in its tracks every time" sounds a little over simplified.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

You all are fighting from the proper side. Don't sweat it because it is
OVER.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TomFromTheShade

Come to think of it, you might as well just kick yourself in the nuts and call it a day.

ha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.