HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   ballistics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/116566-ballistics.html)

paul s 10-16-2005 09:58 AM

RE: ballistics

I have the same problem and I found a recall on those shells.

Winchester Super-X 30-06 Springfield Ammunition Recall
Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling one (1) Lot of its Super-X 30-06 Springfield, 180 gr. Power-Point (S.P.) ammunition (Symbol Number X30064).
Through extensive evaluation, Winchester has determined that a small number of rounds of Lot 137HF22 Super-X 30-06 Springfield, 180 gr. Power-Point Ammunition may contain low powder charges. These low power charges can cause a squib or weak shot, which could result in a bullet remaining in the barrel after firing, obstructing the barrel. Firing a second shot into the obstructed barrel will cause firearm damage, and will subject the shooter and bystanders to a risk of personal injury.
DO NOT USE WINCHESTER SUPER-X 30-06 SPRINGFIELD, 180 GR. POWER-POINT LOT NUMBER 137HF22. The ammunition lot number is stamped on the inside of the flap of the ammunition box.
To determine if your ammunition is subject to this notice, review the Lot number. If it contains Lot number 137HF22, return the ammunition to Winchester at this address:
Olin Corporation
Winchester Division
427 North Shamrock Street
East Alton, Illinois 62024-1197
Attention: Product Service Department
30-06 Springfield Recall

Winchester will send you coupons good for replacement ammunition from your local Winchester dealer.
This notice applies only to Lot 137HF22. Other Lot numbers are not subject to this recall, and should not be returned to Winchester.
If you have any questions concerning this Super-X 30-06 Springfield, 180 gr. Power-Point Ammunition Recall, please call: (800)852-5734 (Except Alaska, Hawaii and Canada) or (618)258-2870 or write to the above address.
We apologize for this inconvenience.
WINCHESTER

Back to the Firearms Index...

Table of Contents

Revised Saturday, January 6, 2001
All material on this page and the remainder of this website Copyright ©2001 Gunsmoke Engineering

krub6b 10-16-2005 02:31 PM

thanks for the info on the recall. I need to check that out so that I can make sure low powder charges aren't giving me any problems.

paul s 10-28-2005 04:09 PM

Have you shot your gun again?

James B 10-28-2005 06:27 PM

There is something wrong with your scope or you are jerking and flinching. If you get it absolutely dead on at 25 yards then move your target out to 100. Use a good size piece of cardboard behind your target to remove all quess work. If your dead on at 25, you shoul be high or low a bit at 100 but your right and left should be pretty awful close unless you have a strong cross wind.

krub6b 10-29-2005 11:37 AM

no, I had to stay at school this weekend and write a paper so I won't get to shoot til next weekend, one weekend before season[:@]