HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   opening day gun season - 1st ever deer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/116298-opening-day-gun-season-1st-ever-deer.html)

SyPTo 10-11-2005 06:45 AM

opening day gun season - 1st ever deer

First ever deer for me, it might not be much compared , but its my first ever one so...next time i will pass on him though.... and all on opening day...

he was right under my stand where my buck-snort was... somethign made him jump a bit and he walked a bit on right in my line of fire...that's all she wrote..

uncle matt 10-11-2005 07:03 AM

RE: opening day gun season - 1st ever deer

Congrats indeed.

Hopefully you said a prayer to gives thanks.

Next.....

MA Jay 10-11-2005 07:03 AM

Congrats on your first deer. He's a beauty and I'm sure he'll taste great. Do us all a favor and stick around long enough to get your second; don't be pointing your rifle at yourself like that. No excuse for it and it's dangerous.

_Dan 10-11-2005 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: MA Jay

Congrats on your first deer. He's a beauty and I'm sure he'll taste great. Do us all a favor and stick around long enough to get your second; don't be pointing your rifle at yourself like that. No excuse for it and it's dangerous.

Mucho congrats on your first deer. I also have to agree with Jay though, watch your barrel.

elgallo114 10-11-2005 10:05 AM

Congrats! Nothing like your first one! It's better than my first one. As time goes by, you'll find yourself getting pickier and pickier. Hope you mounted the head. Even if it's not a "trophy," the first one should be mounted. I didn't and regreted it ever since.

GooseHunter Jr. 10-11-2005 10:24 AM

Congrats!!

SyPTo 10-11-2005 10:25 AM

quote:

ORIGINAL: MA Jay

----------------------------------------------

you right... i wasn't paying attention , guess the excitement got the best of me , good thing i already wnet home brought the gun home unloaded it and then went back out to track him.. then drug him back and got the gun back out of the cabinet.

but like you said ... no excuus for it... i should know better

DannyD 10-11-2005 10:42 AM

Congrats on your deer!!!!!
Was it your first hunt ever also?
Looks like a Rem 710, what did you shoot him with?

Every meal you make out of hime will be special

SyPTo 10-11-2005 10:45 AM

yeah first hunt for deer , been hunting some small stuff like rabbits, squirels etc...

yeah it a rem 710 .270 Win shooting a Federal premium 130 grain Vital Shock.

buttonbuckmaster 10-11-2005 10:53 AM

Congrats...the first deer memories will always stay with you. Good luck getting the next one.