HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Do you think dog hunters/dogs for deer are ruining hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/116064-do-you-think-dog-hunters-dogs-deer-ruining-hunting.html)

briarhead 10-09-2005 12:16 PM

Do you think dog hunters/dogs for deer are ruining hunting?

How many of you have had dogs ruin a still/stalk hunt for you?

Rebel Hog 10-09-2005 12:26 PM

RE: Do you think dog hunters/dogs for deer are ruining hunting?

Never tried it , don't knock it!! Here in FL, most Wild Life Management areas have desingnated dog hunting sections. What a man does on his own property is his business. If it bothers you, Move!!

kevin1 10-09-2005 12:29 PM

It happens once in awhile , but if it happnes more than once with the same dog I try to identify who owns it and let them know . Are they wrecking deer hunting ? No .

vb.kiwi 10-09-2005 12:35 PM

I DON'T MIND THEM DOGGING, THEY PUSH ALL THE DEER DOWN THE VALLEY TO MY PLACE.
OH, IT'S HEAVEN..;)

m.t.hands 10-09-2005 12:37 PM

welcome briarhead, only a very few hunts have been ruined by dogs for me, i have had a couple of area's where dogs were a problem, some running wild for months and the owners not caring about the dogs or my hunting, i always try to rectify the situation putting myself in the others shoes, i have several dogs, one stays in a fenced in yard, the other two stay in a pasture, hog wire fence and 125+# dogs
they have escaped a few times, but both times people have called and let me know they have seen them out, we live outside a very small town and everybody knows everybody, and they will generally let you know if somethin aint right, ihave a nieghbor that had 2 pit bull dogs that he refused to keep up, i went to him twice the first time to tell him, the second to show him pictures of his beloved dogs that never leave his property, i live 1/2 mi away the first time my wife saw these dogs on our porch, we raise goats and i don't feel like loosing 50-150$ because somebody dosent feel like the need to keep there animals up, so proper measure will be taken to insure that dosent happen;), i don't just shoot dogs to be shootin dogs, if they pose no threat to people or livestock, generally they get a free pass, but if they become a nuisence and their owners have no regards fro their well-being, then i take it upon myself to relieve them of the responsibility;), BTW i am a animal lover we have cattle, goats, dogs, cats, but all animals have their place and their roll, i blame the iresponsible owners mostly!!!!!!!

again welcome and i say don't shoot a dog unless if it comes down to a have to issue, if you see the same dogs every hunt and have contacted the owner it is obvious they could care lees about their animals[:@]

briarhead 10-09-2005 12:44 PM

Never tried it , don't knock it!! Here in FL, most Wild Life Management areas have desingnated dog hunting sections. What a man does on his own property is his business. If it bothers you, Move!!

< Message edited by Rebel Hog -- 10/9/2005 1:27:50 PM >

Take a pill dude, read the first post carefully. I am on a fact finding mission here. Idog huntreligiously and never had the problem of having my dogs ruin the neighbors hunting.

m.t.hands 10-09-2005 12:48 PM

whoops i may have misread your question, doggin deer, some love it,others hate it, me i have tried it when i was younger pretty fun but i prefer to see deer in a more natural state, dog hunters don't bother me though, actually just hunting off the property they drive has always worked pretty good for me;)

Rebel Hog 10-09-2005 12:57 PM

OK,OK, misread your post!! NO, I don't think so!

Champlain Islander 10-09-2005 01:01 PM

Not really a problem here.

ths78 10-09-2005 03:01 PM

Dogs don't ruin hunts.

Is your glass half empty or half full?

You'll actually see more deer movement in areas where dogs run; whether they're your dogs are not.

Besides, except during the rut, how else are you gonna get a mature buck up and moving during the day. You'll be much more successful with anything (dogs, etc) moving the deer.

Good Luck