HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Selling racks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/115752-selling-racks.html)

Power 10-06-2005 11:57 AM

Selling racks

What do you think? Is that ok?

Sportsman's Warehouse has some doozies for sale, up to $5,000 for some. Nice bucks but not sure how I feel about it.

_Dan 10-06-2005 12:05 PM

RE: Selling racks

Thats a tough one.
On one side, a guy who kills his buck legally has the right to sell it if he chooses.
On the other, high dollar racks give poachers more of a reason to do so.

skinnerdawg 10-06-2005 12:18 PM

personaly i like to get mine the old fashioned way... as for selling the racks... why would anybody want to do that?

Rebel Hog 10-06-2005 12:24 PM

Unless it's an exceptional rack that you wantfor mounting, we can get
$35-$40 an once from the Asians here.

cardeer 10-06-2005 01:28 PM

Against the law in pa.

Rebel Hog 10-06-2005 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Against the law in pa.

Bear gallbladders bring mucho money!;)

Furync 10-06-2005 03:00 PM

That's too bad imo, I think it only gives a reason for poacher to keep on poachin'.

And whoever buys it is going to say what? that he bought it and look like an idiot?

why would you even buy a rack?

ELKINMTCWB 10-06-2005 03:11 PM

I have had many guys try to buy some of my racks.I just dont get it.I think you would have to be prity low to buy a rack than say you killed it.

But just like all sports people will do any thing they can to be better than the people around them.

I did think of selling some of mine when money was real tight.Thank god we got a break and I did not have to do that.But if its feed the kids or have nice racks,I gess my kids will eat good.

Rebel Hog 10-06-2005 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Furync

That's too bad imo, I think it only gives a reason for poacher to keep on poachin'.

And whoever buys it is going to say what? that he bought it and look like an idiot?

why would you even buy a rack?

I have offers from canadians to sell thier 100's of pounds of sheds.Knife makers use them for custom knife handles and Asians make a powder of them as an Aphrodisiac.

DoctorDeath 10-06-2005 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Unless it's an exceptional rack that you wantfor mounting, we can get
$35-$40 an once from the Asians here.
I took my buck to the anual Buckmasters show in Greesboro NC this year ...while I was there I was stoped 5 or 6 times and asked if my buck was for sell? I could not believe that someone would have the nerve to ask me that ...two of the men were oreintal ... of course I said no ... I would not take $10000.00 for my buck not that anyone would offer that much. I later read in North America Whitetail that if you go to the Kings Ranch in Texas it will cost you $2500.00 for a 3 day hunt and $33.50an inchup to 160 inches ...160to 171was $42.00 per inch and anything from 171 to 190 was $55.00 per inch ...if you wanted a 200 in deer its $20000.00 + the cost of the hunt ... the way i figured it my deer would have cost me 185X $55.00= $10175.00 + $2500.00 hunting fee had I shot it there.... now I understand why they wanted to try and buy My buck ...but he is not nor would he ever be for sale ... I do not have a problem with anyone who might want to buy a rack though ..its the nature of the beast that this sport has turned into in the last 15 years .... its not any worse the high fence hunting in my book ...

Roll Tide
DD