HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   moultrie ditigal camera (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/115465-moultrie-ditigal-camera.html)

one on one 10-04-2005 02:50 PM

moultrie ditigal camera

whats your opinon on this camera, i know you get what you pay for,it gets expense developing 35mm,really just want to get some pic. to see if the big boys are still around, thanks

jamiebuck 10-04-2005 05:54 PM

RE: moultrie ditigal camera

one on one , i think that camara is a sweet deal for the price very easy to use and veiw, just check my pics. today had 3 does do yourself a favor and get one of the us cards, ineed to get one so i can post pics. i hope that this helps u out:)

coolbrze0 10-06-2005 05:56 AM

I'm in the market for a moultrie also. They seem to take good pics for the price. Not the best on the market, but it's well w/in my range - $100 is hard to beat...

jackalope 10-06-2005 05:59 AM

The camera does take good pics for the price. I think one of the only complaints has been the range of pics at night. Camera doesn't take pics out too far.

SyPTo 10-06-2005 11:05 PM

the camera works great for ranges till about 15 yards orso , after that you can still see it , but it gets blurry really quick because the flash isn't that strong , and it's only a 1.3 MP camera.

i have to go check mine in the morning to see if the big buck passed by yet.. i have a pic of him , but it's too far way all you can see is his behind and the outline of the rack (wich is a nice one) , and i have 1 pic of a 1,5 year old buck ..

i will post those pics tomorrow so you can see the quality of the cam.

i will tell you that you need to invest in a 128 Meg SD card, on a windy or rainy night the 32 pics that the camera can hold at high setting is not enough , you get alot of false alarms.. last night the camera took 64 pictures and only 3 of them had a deer on it ;). with the 128 meg SD card you have room for 298 pictures on high setting.

and you might also get you some small bungee cords, the shoe laces that come with the camera are ****ty to work with at best, but i guess you can's complain too much for $100,- camera ;)

greatwhithunter 10-07-2005 07:17 PM

My uncle has one and it works great. you never catch the back of the deer.

one on one 10-09-2005 06:52 AM

well guys i bought one and i have it set up,will let you know my opinon,i think i have it set to take three pic. every time it takes one,i waswalking away from it after it took one of my lab for testing and it took two more, thanks for your input.

uncle matt 10-10-2005 10:29 AM

We now have 2 down on the farm with the memory cards. The tenant will be mailing me the cards regularly cause they don't have a reader for the cards. I will download and print pics and mail back. They do take good pics like said, out to like 15 yards. Alot of night pics have a good pic af deer that triggered cam and glowing eyes off in the background.

Yes the lace mounting is BS and we'll move to small bungees to solve that.

Another issue is battry life and cost. We have switched to the rechargable 6V lantern-type batteries from Cabela's and are now going to set them up with the solar panel chargers Cabela's has for $19.99 each. That way we don't have to swap out batteries. But the rechargeable batteries are a good deal at $9.99 each cause a throw away battery is practically that much.

I think we'll have to fit the new solar panels with smaller clips like the ones that come in the camera housing, the big clips that come on the panels won't fit in the camera's housing. And we'll have to drill a small hole in the bottom and seal with silicone seal before attaching the new smaller clips inside.

There is also a viewer you can take out in the field with you to view pics taken. I think it's $149. Does anyone have any ideas as to another way to view the pics in the field? Maybe something like a portable DVD player or something? Anyone have any input on this?

one on one 10-10-2005 02:34 PM

i have two memory cards,when i go to the woods to check my moultrie camera i'll take my wifes digital camera and change out the cards and use the wifes digital cam, to view the moultrie pic.

Predator19 10-10-2005 03:17 PM

I have a 5" black and white TV that I got for like 15 bucks. It plugs into my truck cig lighter and then the video cable from the camera plugs into the back of the TV. Not the best pics but it works. When the camera is full i download them onto my computer. It would probably be a lot easier to buy 2 memory cards and just swap them every time you check your camera but i am cheap like that.