HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Has anyone had any luck with Tinks scents? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/115404-has-anyone-had-any-luck-tinks-scents.html)

lovethebigguns 10-04-2005 04:38 AM

Has anyone had any luck with Tinks scents?

I grabbed a bottle of Tinks #1 Doe-P the other day (please don't think I'm bashing Tinks, because I'm not, I just want to know why this happened)and put it in a few of their scent bombs and placed it around my stand opening day of archery season. It is supposed to be a not sexual pre-rut scent so I thought I'd give it a try.
I had a doe come in right as the sun was coming up and as she was approaching that first one,Iwas getting readyto draw and she smelled it and jumped and ran the other way and stopped about 50 yards away and starredtowardme and then walked away. Then about 20 minutes later I had a nice little 6 point buckcoming right toward me and I hooked my release on andjust as I was going todraw on him he smelled that bomb and jumped and wheeled around as fast as he could andsprinted, not ran, sprinted the other way.
That sucks doesn't it!!

Any thoughts????

swanny evans 10-04-2005 05:23 AM

RE: Has anyone had any luck with Tinks scents?

ive never tried tinks but i try to never use doe urine unless its the rut. i prefer a dominant buck urine once buck sign starts popping up ive had really good luck with it in the past but basicly its trial and error and some days deer just arent in the right mood to interact with other deer.

thndrchiken 10-04-2005 05:51 AM

I have to agree, probably still a little early for doe urine. Or maybe you got a bottle that isn't so fresh, ( does it go bad ?? ). I usually hunt with cover scents not attractants. Like Swanny said trial and error.

lovethebigguns 10-04-2005 06:22 AM

I agree with y'all that it's too early for attractants, but I thought if a feller would use a straight urine that has no sexual attractant in it, it would appeal to a deer's "social" curiousity?? I read that once, is that just B.S.??

Trapper_Hunter 10-04-2005 07:12 AM

Maybe u could of just had some of your scent on it that spooked them away

Rebel Hog 10-04-2005 07:24 AM

It Stinks!

MikeVT 10-04-2005 12:10 PM

Usually use tinks trophy buck lure to make mock scrapes, then I do not put out anymore scentuntil the rut starts to kick in. Then I doctor the scrapes with tinks 69. I'm sure other brands are good also, they just happen to be what I use. The most important thing is to use the right scents at the right time. Using the wrong one is worst than using none at all.

PABowhntr 10-04-2005 12:22 PM

Hmm, interesting observations. I have used the regular Tink's Doe Pee in the past this early in the season(not the Tink's 69 estrus urine) primarily as a cover scent and not really as an attractant....

...with favorable results.

K2SOCO 10-04-2005 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: thndrchiken
I usually hunt with cover scents not attractants.
Same goes. I have not had very good luck with attractants!

MikeVT 10-04-2005 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Hmm, interesting observations. I have used the regular Tink's Doe Pee in the past this early in the season(not the Tink's 69 estrus urine) primarily as a cover scent and not really as an attractant....

...with favorable results.

Guess I'll have to try that.Always looking for a new angle. The only cover scent I've ever used isscent shield fall blend.