Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wow. Best stand ever.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Wow. Best stand ever.

Last week my friends were telling me about this stand that they set up for rifle season this year. They told me a little bit about it but I thought they were joking. Anyways, they showed me the stand this past weekend and that thing is nice! It's basically a small house. It's about8' by 8' and it has a roof. It's right by an electrical pole so they hooked it up so they have a 13" TV in there too and all sorts of small appliances. They even put carpet in there! I think that they put a little too much time and effort into it but it is cool. There's enough room for a couple of cots in there so instead of walking a mile to the stand they're just going to sleep in it. If anyone saw it, they'd probably think it was some kind of tree house or something instead of a deer stand.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wow. Best stand ever.

sound cool. but you gotta watch the line between hunting and doing a "drive by"

TV? I don't go HUNTING to watch TV.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:36 PM

The Tv is a little much. I personally like to be out in nature, away from my TV and computer and all those distractions. I live in a big city so I spend as much time out in the country as I can.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

at first i thought "that isnt a stand, its a camp/cabin/house", but now that i think of it. who is to say they are watching the TV while hunting? since they are staying the night, maybe they want to catch the football score, or the news before turning in. And then they wake up and sit jsut like you would in your stand. they jsut happen to sleep and watch a little tv a few feet away.

but if they are watching tv all day and peeking out on commercials to check for game... then i dunno what to think. not somehting i would want to do.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Spike

PSEarcher149 We need some picture's of that!! Next time you go there take picture and post them in here !!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I've seen plenty of ice fishing shanties with a tv , stove , and sometimes even a fridge , so why not ? [8D]
Old 10-04-2005, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: LONGGUN

PSEarcher149 We need some picture's of that!! Next time you go there take picture and post them in here !!
I really want to. But unfortunately I don't have a digital camera and I don't know anyone who does. Let's just put it like this.....it's like taking an outhouse and turning it into a first-class restaurant's bathroom. Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but it is nice.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I really want to. But unfortunately I don't have a digital camera and I don't know anyone who does.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=171317
Every Wally World has these for about $20 .
Old 10-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds great in one sense. If this place is fairly remote and they are going to sleep there then it sounds like a great idea. On the other hand, if they are just going to hunt out of it then I don't see the need for the electrical setup.

Have fun regardless.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's funny! There is a man that owns a camp where we hunt and he has a similar set-up.

It sets on posts and looks like a fire tower! It's about 40 ft off of the ground in a Wide open meadow. The "house" is about 8'x10' it has vinal siding, shingles, sheet rock inside, three or four outlets for his electric heater, coffee pot, toaster and TV. He has a built in bed and an alarm clock.

Beats all I ever seen.........in my best Jethro voice.......

Nice, but not really for me. The man that hunts it is an older feller and just like to tinker around with things. He'sa hoot!

Quick Reply: Wow. Best stand ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.