Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 10-03-2005, 12:36 PM

Default RE: WOW! Deer & car crashes

In my state that happens very often! there is atleast 2 wrecks a day that involve a deer. i haven't heard of anyone in my surrounding area dieing from a car wreck because of a deer though!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

i dont think there is even 15,00 deer in vermont lol
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 PM

they all (FOA) need something to harrass all of us about.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:32 PM

down in alabama where i am originally from there are always deer laying on the side of the road. i have hit 6 in my driving lifetime there.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:43 PM

I don't know about stat's, but My dad went hunting this evening and I called him when he was on the way home. I asked if he got anything and he said no. Then all of a sudden, he was yelling and cussing like crazy, not something that he usually does. I started freaking out thinking he just flipped the truck or something. Then he says, "I just got one" he hit one on the way home! The deer somehow made it away but messed up the side of the truck like crazy he said, making noises when he turns and everything. Deer can do a lot of damage to cars, be carefull ya'll.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have hit three with my jeep, only killed one fawn that i hit right with the tire. the other two ran away. All i have to show for it is where a fawn elft a dent baout the size of his/her head above my front tire. the jeep has taken three deer in stride, hope thats the last of them.[X(]
Old 10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The increase in Deer vs Auto collisions starts the day farmers start cutting crops(Sept,Oct). Cut down a deers primary food and bedding source and they start moving. Not Diddleee Squat to do with hunting! Same thing happens in Spring when farmers move into fields to plant - not as bad as Fall - but it happens none the less.

Some of these stats are pure Cow Dung to make it appear as though hunters are the primary cause of property damage and human fatalitys.
How About - Early season Dove,Squirrel,Duck hunting - also displace deer long before any gun season starts with exception of Bow.

Maybe a smart attny will file a class action suit someday asking for millions in damages from all the liciensed hunters - Give me a Break!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

In Connecticut their are 15000 to 16000 deer killed a year, 3000 are by cars.thats 20%!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:10 AM

Looks like around 45,000 hit by cars yearly in Wisconsin. Check out this site.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/...er/cardeer.htm

here is a part of the article.

Deer-Vehicle crashes continue to be a major concern for Wisconsin motorists. Annually, approximately 45,000 deer are salvaged with permits or removed from roadways by DNR contractors. The majority of deer-vehicle collisions occur during the months of October and November when deer are most active during the breeding phase. Many collisions also occur during May and June during spring fawning, when yearling deer are seeking out new home ranges.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:49 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: buck knife

Looks like around 45,000 hit by cars yearly in Wisconsin. Check out this site.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/hunt/deer/cardeer.htm

here is a part of the article.

Deer-Vehicle crashes continue to be a major concern for Wisconsin motorists. Annually, approximately 45,000 deer are salvaged with permits or removed from roadways by DNR contractors. The majority of deer-vehicle collisions occur during the months of October and November when deer are most active during the breeding phase. Many collisions also occur during May and June during spring fawning, when yearling deer are seeking out new home ranges.

Thanks Buck! Looks like I mentioned the wrong state.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.