HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hornady SST 12 Guage Slug Question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/115148-hornady-sst-12-guage-slug-question.html)

MuzzleBlazt 10-02-2005 08:57 AM

Hornady SST 12 Guage Slug Question

Does anyone know where to find these? I've looked all over trying to buy a few boxes and can't seem to find them anywhere?? Our shotgun season opens Nov 16 but I would like to get a few rounds in before it starts getting down to the wire. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

eeyore 10-02-2005 09:16 AM

RE: Hornady SST 12 Guage Slug Question

I am also looking for them with no luck however. I am sure they will hit the stores just before season and then sell out!!! just like copper sabots did last year. Good luck

MuzzleBlazt 10-02-2005 09:27 AM

I checked out Hornady's site and they don't even have it on there! I don't get it... just about every hunting magazine I have here has an ad for it and they don't even have it on their site?? Doesn't make sense to me! Sounds like a marketing scheme to me... put it in your face and then get you to drool and then not give it to you... kind of like nanner nanner nanner! That or they have a problem with the round that they're not telling us about?? Hmm...

trailer 10-02-2005 10:48 AM

I just checked and the SST slug is on the Hornady web site. Check the link. www.hornady.com/story.php?s=148 This topic is going on at the FirearmReview under (Hornady SST slug), if you would like additional information.

bowngun88 10-02-2005 10:52 AM

Just got them last week in Gander mountain. If you have one near you try there or maybe cabelas.

trailer 10-02-2005 11:06 AM

I had checked at Cabela’s in East Grand Forks a week or so ago and the guy on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. Hopefully they get some because I sure would like to try them for this season.

MuzzleBlazt 10-02-2005 12:46 PM

Thanks guys! Man, I'd love to get some soon! I'll check into Gander Mountain.

Rebel Hog 10-02-2005 01:09 PM

Nope! Always used the 240gr XTP

trailer 10-02-2005 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Nope! Always used the 240gr XTP
So Rebel, what kind of performance and distance do you get out of the XTP and who makes them?

Rebel Hog 10-02-2005 04:14 PM

Trailer, look at the Winchester's. They call it something
else, but it is a Hornady XTP.
I have also been using Hornady .240 XTP sabots forML
atleast 10yrs. I shoot a BRN A-5 with a Hastings Paradox
Barrel. I have my own 200yd range and I can place all of
them in a 6" pie plate at 150yds.