HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Deer Ruts? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/115095-deer-ruts.html)

DarkDawg 10-01-2005 06:56 PM

Deer Ruts?

Anyone Know When It Starts And Ends In Canada?...
Probably Depending on The Location Its All Different Times..
But Can Anyone Give Me A Educated Guess.?
Also.
I Have heard That The Whitetail Deer Make More Mistakes During The Rut Because Their Concentration Is On Finding A Receptive Doe. Is This Correct?
I Am Going To Take My FAC Soon Which In Canada Would Allow Me To Buy A Gun. And I Wanna Be Able To Take My First Deer This Year Whether It Is A Buck Or Doe.
Ever Since I Watched Deer Hunting On Tv And Played Deer Hunting Games On The Pc I Have Wanted To Hunt Deer.
I Was Successful once in Tracking A Deer...And Able To Get Within 75 Meters Of One..But I Had A Bow And I Was Behind A Large Brush Pile. He Didnt Know I Was There Or Seen me Until My Arrow Fell Off The Rest And Hit The Shelf.Also Had A Fox Walk Up To At Least 10 Feet Close Of Me B4 He Even Noticed Me....I Guess All That Scent Removal Spray And Autumn Cover Scent Worked Well..
Thanks For Any Info And Help

Vogt_51 10-01-2005 07:10 PM

RE: Deer Ruts?

from what i have heard, yes it does depend on different time zones and what not.....Someone once told me it had something to do with something like the second new moon after the autumnal equinox....but who knows....i know someone can help ya...

Also....just wanted to say that i noticed you capitalized every word in every sentence....weird ;)

tr21 10-01-2005 07:46 PM

if anyone knows can they tell me when in new york been hunting for20 yrs still cant fig out ????

wis_bow_huntr 10-03-2005 12:17 PM

umm i know.....once a year.

newman1 10-03-2005 01:45 PM

lol

tj_cubin 10-03-2005 06:06 PM

Also....just wanted to say that i noticed you capitalized every word in every sentence....weird
That Is Weird...I Didn't Notice Before You Said Anything.

and i have no idea when the rut is, i jsut go out every chance i get. you go every day, and you wont miss it

Striper Phil 10-04-2005 04:22 AM

Connecticut, the last week in October for about 4 weeks or so. This is the only time the completly nocturnal bucks come out during the day chasing does and checking on their harems. I score a nice buck just about every year on Nov 1 or 2 which is landowners opening day,some at 10:00 in the morning. For the rest of the year I never see them during the day. Note; where i hunt there aren't any other hunters to spook them off thir beds so this is the natural habits. If you want a buck don't bother the does when they come by, a buck is likely not far behind. This is especially true if you see the does stop and look behind them, when the does do this is almost a sure thing a buck is following.

wis_bow_huntr 10-04-2005 07:09 AM

Should be starting within the next couple weeks. I just hope it cools down a bit this 89 deg hunting weather sucks.