Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

being married and hunting

Old 09-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default being married and hunting

hi i am single and look forward to one day having a family of my own but i do not wont to have a wife that wont let me hunt

the other day i invited my uncle to come and hunt with me i even offered to let me stay with me and everything but since his wife does not like the outdoors and seems to think everytime he goes somewere alone he is geting into trouble and tells him he can not go i even offered for her andthere daughter to come to and her and my mom could go do something but still no go

do any of you have wifes or husbons that don't like you hunting and is this what i have to look forward to when i say i do
Old 09-25-2005, 11:01 PM

Default RE: being married and hunting

do any of you have wifes or husbons that don't like you hunting and is this what i have to look forward to when i say i do
Definately not man. I'm ont married yet but there are tons of ladies out there that like to hunt themselves or at least tolerate it. It does take some skill to find them though.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

OOOOOOHHHHH...I know my wife must wishI didn't hunt as much as I do but she would never say don't do it. She knows it is who I am, I never led her on when first got together in fact I said there is something you need to know before we go any further I am an avid hunter..aka if their is a season I probably will be hunting during it! I think anybody who try's to change a person completelyis with the wrong person to begin with. You can teach a old dog new tricks butthey can't changetheir spots completely. A relationship is a give and take situation. Each is an individual and as such they have different interests but once they become a couple they also must have common interests..the key is to balance the two so each work collectively to build a happy life. I have my hunting, guns&she has her gardening, crafts, shoes, etc. We both like to fish, havechildern, etc. I take hunting trips by myself and send her away by herself. We also make sure we take joint holidays. We split the chores at home and before I hunt I make sure to make meals (since I am the main cook) and have the house tidy. Also a dozen roses delivered mid week while away doesn't hurt.

When you meet a gal you really like be honest with her, tell her your likes/dislikes/passions/fears and ask the same of her.Don't worry their are plenty of women who like men who do men things, you just have to find them..oh and by the way they all will give you some grief it is just that maternal thing they possess& we are clueless about!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Definately not man. I'm ont married yet but there are tons of ladies out there that like to hunt themselves or at least tolerate it. It does take some skill to find them though.
Yeah, that's right. One of my best girl friends growing up hunts. My wife on the other hand doesn't and grew up in a family that doesn't.

She tolerates my habit and hobby of hunting. Perhaps I'll take her sometime...or perhaps not. lol
Old 09-26-2005, 12:39 AM

My father in law hunts, so my wife is used to it. But we have a newborn, she will be 7 weeks this week. Opening day was the 24th, well needless to say, I hunted and came home and took care of baby and then going back out and coming back and taking care of baby. Just to give the wife a break.

I love to hunt, but I'm not going to put my family on the back burner like the rest of the hunters in my family does. The decision is sleeping more or hunting more
Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife loves to read and go garage saling so she is tickled when I go off and hunt. Hunting is very expensive and I get a set allowance and a side job for the expenses. I do wish she loved the outdoors as much as I do...but she doesn't.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

NO and if I did I would throw her out of the house Adios women,go find a sissy to marry
Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife doesn't hunt but she doesn't interfere wth me hunting . I don't mess with her quilting and crosstich time and she doesn't mess with my hunting time .
Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 AM

I've got to honestly say that I found a good one.My wifelets me hunt and fish without complaining and she even lets me goon a couple of hiking trips per year for 2 - 4 days at the time.I wouldn't trade her for a million dollars......butthere have been a few days when I would have paid you that much to come and get her
Old 09-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

my wife STILL tries to make me feel guilty about going so frequently. I think that she would have learned by now that it doesn't work. I don't know if it is her griping, but I seem to go more when she does gripe.

Quick Reply: being married and hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.