Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 does you eye domanincey have any hting to do will hunt >

does you eye domanincey have any hting to do will hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

does you eye domanincey have any hting to do will hunt

Old 09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default does you eye domanincey have any hting to do will hunt

i was taking the hunting education test online and it talked about how you have one eye more domanet then the other and that if you use the less domanet one to see throw your scope you will be off target there was a test to find out which eye is domanit so i toke it because ever since i have been shoot i have been of a little to the left and down so i shoot up to the rightto correct it i thought it was my sight but taking the test i am left i domanet and i am right handed the said that is rare but does happen i think it might have something to do with i had cancer when i was 4 and have a nerve that goes to my eyes cut and one eye is more diealated then the other does anyone knwo anything about the domancey thing and am i going to have to train my self shooting off my left like the bopok says to
Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: does you eye domanincey have any hting to do will hunt

Just practice alot and you will get good at shooting. Glad you are well from the cancer. Oh, Do you kids use periods in your sentences any more?
Old 09-21-2005, 09:21 PM

I personally don't think eye dominance is a huge factor when using a scope unless you want to shoot with both eyes open. Open sights it is a bit harder, and a bow is a real pain.

That is normally how you figure what hand to shoot a gun with though. Don't just assume because you are left or right handed that is the the way you should shoot. I write left handed but am right eye dominant. So I do almost everything but write right handed. Actually I am ambedextrious with most things.

However a scope will hit where you sight it in to hit, it does not matter what eye you use. I would suggest using your strong or dominant eye to reduce eye strain though. I can shoot my scoped rifles off from a bench from either side and they still hit where I aim. I'm just not as accurate left handed because it feels wrong. When I shoot a pistol with my left hand I sight with my right eye.

Paul
Old 09-21-2005, 10:39 PM

I am a VERY screwed up person. I throw left, kick left, and write right. I can not close my left eye and keep my right one open.

I started off shooting right handed, but got tired of having to put my face over the gun/rifle. This is also very unacurate. So I tought myself to shoot left handed.

And when I do the dominace test, my hands always go to my left eye.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:41 AM

I am right handed and left eyed. So with this first year of hunting and shooting for me it is taking some learning for me. I do have a right handed gun. I am wondering if I get a bow though if I should get a left handed one.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds to me like you are either pulling the rifle off each time you shoot or your scope is not sighted in properly. Do other shooters with your rifle have the same problem with the wrong point of impact? Do you have a problem shooting a .22 or other light weight rifles?
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM

If you get a bow go to a good shop and play with both. You may have trouble finding a lefty in stock though. I would say if you are left eye dominant you should shoot left handed, meaning you would hold the bow in your right hand and draw with your left. I have tried to shoot a bow left handed and just can't do it! It feels so wrong. But if you have never really shot before you should be able to train yourself to do it. Might take a while to build up the muscles though. I have met some that shoot with thier weak eye. They use an eye patch to solve the dominance problem.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Dominant Buck

If you use glasses, place a small piece of stick-on
just to cover the pupil of the eye. You will not even
know it's there. Works just as well for shooting glasses.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

i shot to day at some clay skeet i set up and i shot about 75% better with my left eye but it feels very wierd shot off my left arm i am also shooting of fixed ar 15 sights not a scope
Old 09-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: StrutnBPS
And when I do the dominace test, my hands always go to my left eye.
Same here... I remember some years back goofing around at a friends house with his righty bow (and I'm a lefty). To this day, we have no idea where that arrow went!!!

I am lefty eye dominant and have a lefty bow and even a Remington 870 lefty version 12GA. I'd like to pick up a nice bolt action lefty rifle, but they are waaaaaay to expensive!

Then again, maybe I'm a freak, because I do this lefty, but that righty, but then I do things with either hand.

Quick Reply: does you eye domanincey have any hting to do will hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.